-Chapter 8-

-Nathan Blake-

“Watch her head” Caroline screech at me, while I carried Isabelle’s limp body. I was carrying her body out of the limo, but her frilly dress didn’t make it easier. One arm around my neck and her face nestling in my chest. She looked peaceful while sleeping.

I got out and the driver shut my door, Caroline ran ahead of us, while I carefully watched Isabelle, silently breathe.

She had collapsed at the Ball and had too much champagne that we had to leave early. I didn’t mind leaving so quickly, I just wanted Isabelle to get home safely. People stared at us, the drunk girl and the Millionaire’s son, but that was the least of my worries.

“What happened to her?” interrogated Alison as soon as I walked into the house. Her eyes fell on Isabelle and she looked disgusted and hatred pulsed through me towards Alison.

“Nothing, she just collapsed after drinking.” I said through gritted teeth., but I knew tomorrow morning it wouldn’t be fun for Isabelle. She started to mutter in her sleep and shifted a little. I helplessly smiled.

“Get her to her room.” ordered Alison and I obeyed, walking up the spiral staircase while Caroline chased after us. I had no idea how I was walking without looking because I couldn’t tear my gaze away from Isabelle, curled up and fast asleep, like a tired child.

“Caroline, can you please open the door?” We’d reached her room and Caroline speeded to let me enter. The room was a mess, probably from getting ready before the party.

I walk over to the double bed and lay her down gently. She gave a little snore and I laugh under my breath, because she was just too cute.

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

I woke to a painful headache. I held onto my heavy head and felt sick come up my throat. Low snores issuing from the end of my bed told me that Caroline fell asleep there, and I knew when I saw a thin figure in a blue dress, hair messed and in every direction, that Caroline feel asleep without getting changed. I could hardly remember the day before, and to my surprise I realised that I was still in my dress. I got up and went to the balcony to open it up and let fresh air in. I did so and a deep voice behind me called my name.

“Isabelle?”

I spun and caught Nathan’s blue eyes, he was wearing a white v-neck to shirt that showed his chest. I turn my eyes back to the garden. The sun is up, and it’s a beautiful warm summer’s day. Birds are chirping merrily, the trickling of the fountain water is cool and tranquil. I close my eyes to the soothing sound. It really is a lovely day. I turn back around again but this time Nathan is much closer to me.

He smiled, gracefully. “You passed out last night.” He said, breaking the horrid silence between us.

“Oh” I replied, slightly embarrassed. I’d never got drunk before and the first time I do, it’s at a formal party. Well, isn’t that great.

“I’m sorry” I apologise because I must have embarrassed him and me a lot last night.