13 | The Docks

"You went to see Daniel? As in your ex-fiance, Daniel?"

"Don't get judgy on me, Scott. Why the hell was that guy in my house?"

"Uh, he was..it doesn't matter."

"Right."

"That's different. I met him at a bar, you were almost married to Daniel before he broke it off. Then you just, out of the random, have sex with him."

"I can't explain why I did it, Nolan. I just did." He shook his head.

"We have to go see how Antonio's doing." He picked up my phone.

"And you have a message from Daniel."

"Scott, stop it." He smirked. We got in the car, heading to the hospital.

"I want to know why you came home with a guy and not a girl. Stepping into the other side, Scott?"

"Look. He came up to me at the bar, I was drunk out of my mind and somehow we ended up in his car."

"You don't remember?"

"Not exactly. All I know is I had a good time. I've felt more with him than Tiana."

"You've only been with the guy one night."

"And that says something, right?" I shook my head, parking the car and getting out.

"Hey, he's gonna be okay. All right?" Erin assured Laura.

"Thank you."

"Mrs. Dawson." The doctor called.

"Uh, just Laura."

"Is he gonna be all right?" She asked.

"We're gonna monitor him closely, but he may need a second surgery. He's not out of the woods yet."

"Can I see him?"

"Of course. Right here." We followed him to the room.

"Antonio." She whispered.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Hey, big guy." Jay said.

"Hey."

"Belden?" He asked.

"Gone." Hank shook his head.

"Those guards?"

"Both dead."

"Find him." He groaned.

"We will."

"Dad's gonna live, right?" Eva asked.

"Oh."

"He's gonna be okay?" Hank nodded.

"Absolutely. He's gonna be fine. You know, when I was your age, my father was in this very same hospital. Your dad is one of the toughest cops I know. He's gonna walk out of here stronger than ever." He smiled, patting Diego's shoulder.