15 | Call It Macaroni

"Anastasia, your mother has been trying to call you for the past weeks

"Anastasia, your mother has been trying to call you for the past weeks. Where have you been?"

My dad instantly got on my case before I could even make it to the facility entrance.

"Working."

"Is that more important than your mother?" I shrugged.

"Why does it matter? I heard she was doing better."

The chemo that she miraculously decided to change her mind about was working so they moved her to a facility instead of the hospital.

"Yeah, a lot better. The chemo has really made a difference."

"Yeah."

"She wants to see you."

"Sure she does." I respond sarcastically.

"What is it that caused this drift between you two?"

"We had a disagreement, I figured we needed some time apart."

"Oh, Anastasia, sweetie. I have missed you." She said once we entered the room.

"You have? Funny, I haven't received a call from you. You've had Hank delivering your messages."

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"What have the doctors been saying?"

"She's getting better. She had a decrease yesterday but it was minor. They're keeping an eye on her." My radio beeped.

"I have to go, I'll talk to you guys later."

"Baby, wait. Don't be mad at me anymore, please."

"I gotta go."

I went to the district, going to the back entrance. Adam was about to go undercover so I had to get caught up with the case.

"How much you make an hour?" Al questioned Ruzek as they went over his cover story.

"$12.50."

"How long you been with the company?"

"Six months."

"What do you hate about the job?"

"I love everything about it. I really do." Adam smiled.

"We'll be right behind you eyes and ears the whole time. You got two distress signals. For visual, just run both hands through your hair. For verbal, just say "popcorn." Toni said.

"Popcorn?"

"Either one of those or both, and we're moving in."

"All right, I got it." He nodded.

"Hey." Hank called.

"We all go home tonight."

Everyone nodded, getting geared up and ready to go. We followed behind the van that Adam was in, at a distance.