21 | Welcome Back

"Hey! There she is

"Hey! There she is." The team cheered as I walked up the stairs.

"What are you doing back?"

"I missed my lovely team." I smiled.

"Is that so?" Adam asked.

"Yeah."

"Bullshit.." Jay smirked.

"Watch it, Halstead."

I hugged everyone, just in time for Hank to come out of his office. He stopped for a second, looking at me.

"Ana, my office." Hank said.

I walked in, shutting the door and sitting down. We played a staring game, not uttering a word.

"Aren't you supposed to be home, resting?" He asked, leaning back in his chair.

"I've rested for weeks. I'm ready to get back to work."

"What did they say?"

"The bleeding has stopped and I'm healed. Dr. Manning cleared me for work."

"Good, you're riding the desk."

"What? You can't be serious. I was cleared."

"Is that supposed to mean something to me? You're riding the desk for the next week, there is no argument about this."

"Hank- Boss, listen, I am ready to get back in the field. I'm not helping anyone by sitting at home. I have to do something, just please." He nodded his head.

"Have Trudy redirect the calls up here." I groaned, leaving his office.

"Excuse me, rascals." Trudy announced.

"I have way too many boxes of donuts downstairs, you guys are taking 3."

"Sounds good to me."

The team gathered around the boxes of donuts. I sat down, careful of the still bruised area on my body.

"Anastasia." Nolan called.

"What?"

"I need the Hoplen file, where'd you put it?"

"Check your drawer with all your files in it, Scott."

"I did. Oh, wait. Nevermind, it was in the third drawer." I rolled my eyes.

"How come he gets to call you by your actual name?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, we'd get a paper ball to the head."

"It's because I'm her bestfriend and her partner."

"That's not a good enough reason."

"You wanna take this outside, Adam?" Nolan smiled, pointing towards the door.

"Yeah, let's go right now."

"Ana, would you ever live in Northern Wisconsin?" Erin asked.

"Yeah. Lakes, great hiking trails."