10 | Turn The Light Off

I woke up with an instant headache

I woke up with an instant headache. The little disagreement in the hospital last night was frustrating. Their old relationship was a mystery to me, I wanted to know what had happened between them.

Ashton couldn't change her mind and they'd been married for 20 years. Hank comes in, and in a few minutes she all of a sudden wants to do chemo again.

I shrugged the thoughts away, getting ready for work. I grabbed my keys, badge and gun, going to pick up Nolan. When I pulled into the driveway, he came out of the house, angrily shutting the door.

"Woah, tiger."

"She's out of her mind."

"Welcome to my life, Scott."

We pulled up at the district, going in. I smiled at Trudy as I leaned against the desk.

"Good morning, Sunshine."

"Funny. I should have you in uniform today."

"Nolan would love to do that."

"How about I put both of you in uniforms? Let's see what you think about that." She picked up the phone.

"Nolan, did you hear our names upstairs? I did." He nodded. We quickly turned to go up the stairs, stopping when Hank, Al, and Toni came down.

"Let's go. We got a massacre." Hank said.

"And we're turning around." I quickly turned around, going back to my car.

"All right, where are we at so far?" Hank questioned, viewing the scene.

"The four guards are dead, and one guy's wounded."

"What'd they get?" I asked.

"Eight million in cash. International currency shipment from Nagano, Japan, headed down to the federal reserve on LaSalle. They cleared customs fine, and then the money came here to be loaded onto an armored car." Erin responded.

"Can the survivor tell us anything?" Mia asked.

"Yeah. The one guy that's stable is Lukas Perko. He's the warehouse manager and Eric Gonzalez, head of security."

"All right, you grab him. We'll talk to Perko."

"Okay."

"How you doing?" Perko shrugged.

"I don't know. They say it's a through and through."

"Hey, can you give us a minute?"

"Yes, sir." The EMT agreed, walking off.

"Thank you. What'd you see?"

"Four of 'em. Black hoodie, masks, dark shades, bandanas. They lit the place up, man. It all happened just like that."

"And where were you when they came in?"

"I was in the john, and I come runnin' out. And I saw a gun swing my way. I heard sounds like firecrackers. I got hit. I dropped." I threw a look to Hank.