9 | At Least It's Justice

"Your scan looks clear

"Your scan looks clear. You are all set to go back to work."

"Thanks." I thanked the doctor, grabbing my things.

I had to do a follow up with her thanks to the head bump that happened two weeks ago. My phone buzzed; I looked at the message, shocked. Halstead was a suspect in a murder.

I pulled into the parking lot, same time as Nolan...and Toni. Getting out, I fist bumped Nolan, giving a simple 'hey' to Toni. As we walked towards the entrance, Jay came out.

"Told you to be careful, didn't I?" Toni said, walking right past Jay.

"I just got suspended."

"You're shocked? I'm the one who brought you into this unit."

"Tony, this wasn't me."

"I got to clock in. Go get yourself a lawyer right now and keep your mouth shut." He and Nolan went inside.

"You gotta believe me, I didn't do this, Ana."

"Okay, I understand but don't say anything else until you talk to your lawyer."

"Can I help you with something?" I asked Sumner as she looked on my desk.

"Just trying to see if you had a pen."

"You don't have a pen?" She shook her head. I handed her a pen, answering the ringing phone on my desk.

"Intelligence..Yeah, okay. I'll let him know." I called Hank as he came out of his office.

"CFD is requesting you at the scene of a car accident. Body was found in the trunk."

"Well, let's go." Sumner grabbed her jacket.

"Wait, not you. Why don't you man the phones or something. Ask Jin to show you how to create a C.I. profile."

"But I already know how to-"

"Let's go." Hank cut her off.

We headed to the scene, going up to the car. The trunk was open, revealing a torso, stabbed multiple times all over. The guy that had been driving the car hit a firefighter and ran.

"No wonder he was in such a hurry." Toni commented.

-

"The owner of the car's clean. The car was reported stolen from a parking garage about a week ago." Al said to Hank as he came upstairs.

"Hey, the torso recovered from the trunk had an artificial hip, so I asked Jin to trace the serial number and match it to the patient's name." I said.

"Doing it that way's actually faster than a DNA test. Only takes me a couple hours instead of a couple weeks." Jin said proudly.

"It's a good thing you're back to doing your day job instead of personal favors. Keep hitting the bushes." Jin looked down.

"Hey, so you think Halstead did it or what?" Adam asked as he hung up the phone.