24 | Life is Fluid

"Dad, no

"Dad, no. I don't wanna wear a tux." Diego groaned.

"I would look great in whatever color you pick." Eva said.

"Hold on. This is why we're asking you guys. Do you feel comfortable with us having a wedding ceremony?"

"No." They said simultaneously.

"Well, uh..okay."

"I think it just needs to be us. The four of us, whoever Dad picks, whoever mo- Ana picks and that's it." Eva suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"I'm okay with that." We agreed.

"It's time for you two to get ready for bed. You will be up and on time for school, got it?"

"When did you become that dad?" Eva mumbled, getting up.

"What did you just say?"

"Goodnight, dad." She quickly went to her room.

"I swear she gets her mouth from her mother."

"And maybe a little from her father." He looked at me, shaking his head.

"Hey, I need to talk to you about something."

"Uh, yeah. What's up?" He asked.

"I've been-" his phone went off. He checked it, jumping up.

"I gotta go. I'll be back!" He quickly grabbed his coat and left before I could even protest.

I checked on the kids, going to lay down. I was exhausted even though I barely did anything today. As soon as laid down, I quickly fell asleep.

The next day, I sat at my desk, messing with the squishy ball I'd gotten from Nolan. Footsteps sounded, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning, ladies. This is Benji Keyes, known on the street as Benji Bones. Priors for possession with intent to distribute, concealed weapon, and has been ID'd as a street captain for his brother." Toni said, passing out Benji's file.

"Derek Keyes, number one on Chicago's most wanted. Narcotics estimates that over half the city's heroin comes from Keyes. Been after him for years. Every time they send in undercovers, they hit a wall."

"CI of mine gave up a location on Benji Bones. We grab him, he'll lead us to Derek." Toni said.

"This can't be a typical grab, 'cause if Derek finds out we're onto him, he'll dive deeper underground. So we got to extract Benji Bones without anybody knowing. That means everybody gets blacked out." Hank directed.

They grabbed Benji and, I'm guessing his boyfriend, bringing them in. Benji agreed to set up a meet with his brother as long as he and his companion got to walk free.

"Okay, here we go. Benji just confirmed the location of the meet. He's gonna intro Halstead to Derek as a potential buyer who can expand his market into the North Side. We get a deal on camera, we'll move in."