Three Words.....RUN LIKE HELL

Ichigo's pov.~

"Ichigo.....I'm so sorry."

The words coming from his mouth sounded so pained, maybe even more than my own face. He reached a hand up, and I flinched. Shiro stopped for second, then lightly caressed my now bruising cheek. His cold hand felt good, so I leaned into it, wanting more of the cold to seep into my cheek.

"Are you alright?"

I open my eyes from my peaceful state and looked up at him, "Ya....it hurts, but I know you were helping me...but...I don't know why, but I felt so....so good!" I lean me head back a heave a heavy sigh, "I loved it..." 

I could feel Shiro's growing grin, I brought my face close to his and kissed those grinning lips. But he grinned even more, and kissed back. Right as things got....*BIG cough* more intimate. A sound in the distance stops Shiro from pulling my shirt apart. He stands and looks in the direction of the noise, then he bends down, quickly grabs my arm, and starts to pull me.

"Ow...Shiro, what the hell!"

His expression holds nothing, but he is trying so hard to hurry, but I want to know what that was. So I shake off his hand and creep towards the sound; I can just feel Shiro's worrying from behind me, but I want to know. I climb a nearby tree and sit in the branches, waiting for whatever is making that sound to come closer. The bushes swish open, and out steps a short man with bright white hair, and crystal blue eyes, his face twisted with furry, and in his hand, a long, white sword waits to slash open his enemy.

I study this man for a few more seconds, who is this guy? All of a sudden, without looking, he swipes the sword in my direction, sending a wall of pointed ice my way. I panic and don't move in time, I feel the shards go through my gut. My eyes widen, and my jaw drops, my grip on the branch loosens, and I fall out of the tree and land with a thud on the ground; the wind knocked out of me.

"Ichigo!"

I can hear Shiro running towards us, but I can't move very much, so I just sit up and hold my gut, looking at the man in front of me. His glare is still there, but a triumphant smirks plays across his face. "So I got one did I? You were an easy one weren't ya'? I know you're too young to be out here alone....where's yer' maker?"

Shiro lands in front of me, in a protective stance, "Right here."

"Sh..Shir.."

Shiro turns to me, his face softening, "Hush now love, I'll take care of this." He turns back to the man, with a smirk on his face, "So Toshiro, how's it going, having fun tonight?"

"Don't address me like that you filthy demon, all you have done since you got here, was kill my horses and taunt me. I told you I would get you."

"Oh....but you havn't got me...you sliced up this strawberry here instead. One could say that your standards have lowered if your just after incompetent newbs such as him."

Why is Shiro's tone so calm, why isn't he killing this man? Damn....I move a little more, and slowly stand up, slightly hunched over, still gripping onto my gut, but when I remove my hand, there's no blood on it. I look down to my stomach, and notice that my shirt is torn to bits, but not even a scratch is on my skin.

"What the hell...."

I grab Shiro's arm for attention.

Shiro's pov.~ 

I turn to hush the boy, but what I find is just air. "What the..." When I look up and into the distance, I see Ichigo running.

"Oi! What the hell are ya' doin'!"

I call out to him, he stops, turns, and yells back, "Plan B!"

'....what....."What the hell is that!"

Ichigo appears in front of me, grabs my arm, and starts running with me in tryin to run in his grip, "RUN LIKE A BITCH!!!"

I try to surpress the laughter that's bubbling up in  my throat, and run along side him.

Ichigo's pov.~

I think he got the memo, because he is finally running with me. We jump the fense and run into the woods. When we finally stop, I am breathing hard, so I lay against a tree, and catch my breath.

"Well that was exciting..."

I look up to see Shiro looking at his jacket sleeve, and dusting it off, his facial expressin just looks bored. "Ya well....I'm not dead, so I think we're good."

I stand and walk over to Shiro, he looks at me, and kisses my cheek. I swat him away with a blush covering my face. "Shiro...we need to be serious right now."

"Why.." he purrs into my ear, but I hold his shoulders, and lightly push him backwards, then I look him in the eye.

"Because I need to go back."