Running From My Heart (pt. 1)

It had been two days since the reveal of Kai's condition. And it only took that small amount of time for him to get even worse than he already was. Ichigo had not left kai's side since he was told of Kai's condition, he wouldn't even eat. Ichigo had said if his son couldn't eat, then he wouldn't have the luxury of doing so himself.

After sitting on the couch for a few hours thinking of what she could possibly do, Sammy bolted up with a conclusion. Running to the other end of the house, Sammy burst into a room where Grimmjow and Beth sat around the bed that Kaitey was lying in.

All three looked up with sad eyes, no one has had a happy mood for quite a while now. Sammy was hoping that she could help with that. rushing over to Kaitey's side, she spoke quickly, "Can Neko vampire hybrids eat both blood and human food?"

Kaitey sat up and shrugged, her usual happy face dull and tired, "I don't know, I mean, I can but that's because I'm not part Neko, I just use the abilities of one."

Sammy nodded, "Yes I know, but I was thinking, if Kai can't normal food anymore, then he could try drinking blood since he is part vampire."

Kaitey smiled for once and nodded her head, "Yes! That might actually work!" She started to get up, but Grimmjow held her down then faced Sammy.

"I'll go get some blood from the fridge." Sammy nodded and followed him out of Kaitey's room.

Ichigo watched Kai through sad eyes, he wanted to help his cub, but there was nothing he could do while Shiro and Rei were gone. As he lowered his head, the door opened and his head shot up to see who it was. Sammy entered first and that calmed Ichigo's nerves, Grimmjow was second with a bag of red liquid in his hand.

Ichigo looked at them suspiciously, but Sammy held up her hands, "There's nothing to worry about Ichigo, we think this might help Kai." She motioned for Grimmjow to give Ichigo the bag.

Ichigo took it with caution then sniffed it, his nose wrinkled and his pupils dilated a bit. Sammy made a noise then quickly took the bag from Ichigo, "or maybe I should do it."

Ichigo slowly shook his head and relaxed, "Ya...maybe you should."

Sammy nodded then turned to Kai, she made a sad face, then petted Kai's small head. Sammy bit off the cap of the bag, then held it to Kai's lips. The whole time, Ichigo stood behind Sammy stiffly, worried for his cub.

Kai made a pitiful noise as he let the blood slide down his throat, once it finally registered in his head what it was, his eyes flashed open and he grabbed the bag from Sammy. Kai started to drink the blood from the bag quickly, the color slowly returning to his skin, hair, and eyes.

Sammy sighed and Ichigo smiled with joy, his son was going to be okay. As Sammy turned, Ichigo brought her into a tight hug, she laughed and petted his hair and cupped his cheek as he purred, " You may not remember, but when you were younger, I would watch over you just as I did Shiro. You both are like my sons, and brothers. I love you just as much as I love Shiro, whatever happens after this, I will follow you."