Struggle

The low light in the large house made it hard to see; for regular people that is. For a vampire like Shiro, it was no big deal. Making his way through the many door ways and different hall ways, Shiro was heading to the meeting place he was told to go to.

Opening one last door, he walked into a large room with two other people in it. Well, vampires anyway. Kyo looked up from his hands and smiled while Shi kept his composure. Rushing over, Kyo was ready to give his older brother a hug when Shiro held up a hand that stopped Kyo in his tracks.

"I have some precious cargo, don't want to damage it." Shiro stated plainly as he held up his son, Rei, by his scruff.

Rei looked frightened and didn't know what to do, all he knew was that his father was acting strange, and his mother was possibly hurt. Looking up, Rei opened his tiny mouth to speak.

"Dad, why are we here? Where's mum?"

Shiro kept a straight face as he looked his tiny son over, then spoke, "You'll see in time."

Rei was confused with how calm Shiro looked to him, but when he looked at the other two in the room, he felt his father's aura twist and burn like a raging fire.

Kyo glared at the cub then grinned, "So this is my new little nephew?" Kyo reached out to touch Rei but just as Rei was going to growl, Shiro pulled him out of Kyo's reach and held him closer. But not in a loving manner.

"Don't touch."

Shi felt a prick on his gut with the tone Shiro used in front of them, even with Zero's blood messing with his head, Shiro could still tell there was a rift between him and his brothers. Standing, Shi made his way over to his two brothers slowly.

"Why can't Kyo hold his nephew Shirosaki? He is your brother, you should trust him, shouldn't you?"

Shiro seemed to mull it over, the mask on the right side of his face slowly growing back, ".....I do trust him."

"Then let him see the little thing."

Shiro seemed hesitant, but handed Rei over to Kyo. Kyo took Rei with a large smile and started to twirl a bit.

"He's so small! Cute!"

Rei growled and tried to claw Kyo, but Kyo's nature quickly turned and he held Rei's tiny hand in his. Kyo's eye was a fiery gold, and looked terrifying to Rei.

"If you try that again, I'll de-claw you by just ripping your claws out. Got it?"

Rei nodded slowly and looked back to Shiro, Shiro didn't look like he minded at all with what was going on with his cub. On the inside however, Shiro felt the slight need to tear off Kyo's arm, only slight.

"Alright," Shiro took Rei back with a straight face, "He may be useful so don't damage him too much."

Shi almost felt like laughing, "Shirosaki, you aren't attached to that thing are you?"

Rei growled but Shiro answered anyways, "He is my cub after all, I should feel a slight bit of protection towards him."

Shi rolled his eyes and got closer to the cub, pushing Rei's chin up with one, black clawed finger, "My name is Shi, do you know what that means little demon?"

Rei frowned at the name, but shook his head, Shi got even closer, his eyes menacing, "It means death. If you don't want that, be good and do as you're told."

Rei cringed and nodded, Shiro tightened his hold on Rei, "Ok, I think it's time to go do something other than torment my son."

Shi leaned back and sniffed, "You and Kyo can, I'm going to my study." With that, he was gone.