Sanity Or Blood, Which Tastes Better

Ichigo's pov.~

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER~

I jump through the leaves, landing squarely onto the branch I was aiming for. I hear the branches behind me creak from the unseen footsteps following me. Sweat runs down my neck as I continue to run across the branch and jump to the next. The footsteps become more clear and are gaining on me. I grin to myself, then flip backwards, over the thing following me. When I land, I quickly turn on my heal and run the way I came from. I push off the branch and burst out from the tree, the light hits my face, and I smile. The ground quickly aproaches my vision, so I curl into a ball. When I hit the ground, I roll then push off with all force shooting through my legs; I start to run, everything a blur in my vision. Straight ahead, I see the pond that would serve as my safe spot from my chaser.

My hopes rise as I near it; right as my foot lands an inch in front of it, I feel the back of my shirt pulled back, bringing me along with it. I am trapped by strong arms, I wriggle in the strong grip until my captor bites my ear, I moan, and he acknowledges me for the first time since he started the chase.

"That was a thrish."

I snicker, then pull his arms off me. When I turn my head, my eyes meet his; his eyes are what you could call the night sky, the black being the sky, and the yellow being the moon.

"What the hell is a thrish, Shiro?"

Shiro laughs at my skeptic facial expression, then pokes my brows. "Well, if you want to know so badly; it's thrill and rush mixed together. That pretty much sums you up," he leans close to my ear and whispers the last part, "in more ways than one, I must add." He then licks my neck, earning him a sweet moan from me. He laughs some more, then backs away from me.

"So, how did I do against you?"

"Well, if you wouldnt have balled up in your landing, you would have made it. If you would have taken the force and mixed it with your own, it would have given you even greater speed."

".....So that's how you guys always get away.." I say as I put my hand on my chin and think about how a couple of vampires escaped my grasp for being too fast for me.

Shiro looks hurt at my words, "What do you mean, you, your one of us two..."

I look up right away and place my hand on his shoulder, "I didn't mean it like that, but you do know that I will continue being a hunter even though you turned me into a blood sucker."

"Now your just being plain mean," Shiro's words sound hurt, but he is grinning, "let's see what you say after you try the main dish."

'Main dish, what is he talking about?' then it dawns on me what he's talking about. "No....no, no, no, no, no! I will not just kill some poor inocent person to just.....just kill them!"

"Woa, calm down strawberry. Jeez, what did you do, put extra sugar on ya'?"

His question erks me even more so I cross my arms and glare at him.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch," Shiro ruffles my hair as he speaks, "I was going to let you drink from an animal, I'm not so stupid as to expect you to kill a person."

He clicks his tongue as he starts to walk away. I feel my shoulders relax as I gaze after him. "Yes, Shiro. I know you aren't stupid."

Shiro waves one of his hands while the other is in his pant pocket, still walking, "Thanks love!"

I blush then run to catch up to him, my hands on the back of my head with my eyes closed. After a few seconds of walking, I feel like I'm being watched so I turn my head to look in the direction of the trees. I take in a deep breath through my nose, but I don't sense anyone other than Shiro. So I brush it off and continue to walk.

Midnight, Toshiro's farm~

We creep up quietly to the fence then jump over, landing next to a group of horses. I look over to Shiro who is watching me intently. "I don't know I if can do this.."

Shiro reaches his hand out, and ruffles my hair, "You can do it," he leans in close to say the next part, "besides, you do it to me every time we.."

I cut him off with a whack to the side of the head; he chuckles and I sigh, 'what will I do with him....'

My attention is brought back to the horses; I slowly walk up to one and begin to comfort it, petting and whispering to it. "Please forgive me for what I'm about to do..."

I slowly bring my face to its neck and let my fangs slowly sink in, I feel the horse tense and try to move, but I grip its body with intense strength, crushing its ribs. I feel a warm, yet sweet liquid fill my mouth and I swallow every bit of it, enjoying the taste immensely. 'What is this feeling? I love it!!'

Shiro's pov~

I watch my berry drain the life from the creature, joy fills my gut and an intense grin spreads across my face. Ichigo then slowly turns around, blood flows from his mouth and his eyes have turned a deep, crimson red in the iris, and the outside is a piercing black, just like mine. Pride fills my heart at first, but it quickly turns into shame. 

I appear next to Ichigo and take hold of his shoulders, shaking him. "Ichigo, you need to come back to me, this isn't you."

A wide grin, also like my own, appears on his face, and he looks me directly in the eye. In the next instant, his teeth are in my shoulder, biting down with full force. Usually, people would scream in agony, but this felt way to good for me. A moan escapes my lips, but I gather my senses and rip him off. "Forgive me Ichigo."

I bring my hand across Ichigo's cheek, knocking him onto the ground. Every part of my being is screaming at me, I feel blood dripping from my eyes. (vampires tears are blood FYI)I bend down and place his head in my lap, a large red mark across his face, and his eyes wide open, but normal. Ichigo looks me in the eye with sorrow and fear, blood started to drip from his own eyes, so I felt even worse.

"Ichigo....I'm so sorry."