Chapter 59

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 59

Dina's POV

            After the call I've just had I was so angry at James. I couldn't believe he'd do something like that, without even talking to me! I called him immediately, but he didn't answer. At that moment I heard his phone ringing in the bedroom. Tucked under his pillow for a hide-out. I was pissed. He did this on purpose! Left his phone behind. I went back into the bathroom to finish the job I've started.

            I had to entertain myself with something, so that I wouldn't explode. But it didn't help much. My hands were shaking and I was still crying. The boys started to cry too, so I took care of them for a while. When they feel asleep again, I continued what I was doing. A few hours later, I heard the front door unlocking. When James got in, I threw my slipper at him, hitting him in his chest.

            "How could you?! How could you do this?", I yelled in the process, crying and walking towards him.

            I was holding that doctor's reminder in my hand, and when I got closer to him I pressed it onto his chest with my shaky hand.

            "How could you?", I cried quietly now, looking at him.

            He hugged me instantly. He knew what that paper was, without even looking at it.

            "Dina, baby...", he said.

            "Don't you dare call me baby!", I replied angrily, removing myself from him harshly.

            "How could you? You knew I wanted a girl too.", I asked through tears again.

            He pulled me over to him in a hug again and said: "Dina, I didn't do it. Calm down. I couldn't do it. I knew it would hurt you.".

            Then he grabbed me by my upper arms and moved me a bit further from him. He moved his hands to my face, tilting it upwards to face him.

            "I didn't do it, Dina.", he repeated, making sure I understood what he said.

            "You didn't?", I asked, still crying.

            He wiped my tears away and said: "I didn't. I was thinking about it. But I didn't do it. I love you.".

            He kissed me. And even tho' I was still pissed, I kissed him back. Then I hugged him tightly and didn't want to let go of him for a few minutes. It was 8 pm already. He went to take a shower while I went to check up on the boys. When he came out from the bathroom, we watched TV for a while and then went to bed.

Ryan's POV

            The next day in the morning, James came to visit us. Alex didn't feel well, so she stayed in bed. James and I were alone in the living room and we talked. He told me that he didn't do the vasectomy yesterday, and he said he'd like to help us if we'd still want that. I was really happy. And I know Alex will be happy too when I tell her. I told him that Alex is sick, so we'll have to delay that for a few days. He agreed and after a while he went away. I told Alex that James came to visit, telling her what he told me. She was thrilled. The next few days she spent in bed. I went to the pharmacy to buy some medications for her.

            When I got back, I kissed her and said: "Al, I got you this. I think you should try it.". I handed her the pregnancy test.

            She looked at me and asked smiling: "You think that's it?".