Chapter 35 - Pic of James (Police instinct)

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 35

James's POV

            Rage boiled up in me when I saw he was trying to hurt my Dina. She was mumbling something. I recognized only a few words. I got behind the guy, pulling him up with one hand and hitting him with my leg so hard that he fell backwards. I glanced at Dina to check her condition. She was still dressed.

            "Oh, thank God! I came on time.", I whispered.

            The guy didn't do anything to her, except making her sleepy. I aimed at the guy with my gun and he raised his hands up. I came to him and handcuffed him to the metal stairs. Then I pulled out my phone and called the police. And I went over to Dina. I talked to her, but she was just mumbling. I didn't understand what she was saying, except a few words again. I took her up in my arms, bridal style, and went up the stairs. Just then the police officer opened the basement door where we were.

            I said to the policeman: "Thanks for coming so quickly. I'm agent Miller, SWAT. Here are my credentials.", I gave him my credentials that I prepared earlier, holding them in my hand.

            He looked at them and nodded with his head, so I continued: "He's down there. Handcuffed to the metal stairs. Can I give my report later? I should take care of my girl now.".

            The policeman said: "Sure, agent Miller. No problem. See you later then. Come to the 'Brooklyn 94th Precinct'. Are you sure she doesn't need any medical help?".

            "She'll be fine. He didn't do anything. I came on time.", I replied.

            He held the door open so I could go out, still holding Dina in my arms. She was unconscious. We nodded to each other and I went to Dina's apartment. I had a spare key so I opened the doors and went inside, closing them slowly with my leg. I went over to her bedroom, still holding Dina in my arms and placed her in her bed. Then I went outside to the hallway to take her purse and the shoe. I came back quickly to her room, closing and locking the door of her room from the inside. Just in case Zoya comes back. I didn't need her panicking now, and I'm sure Dina didn't either. I sat on the bed beside Dina, caressing her hair and face.

            "Baby, wake up.", I said quietly.

            I know I've said I won't call her that, but I just couldn't resist. I love her a lot. I went to the kitchen and quickly made the tea for her, taking it to her room and locking the doors again. She was still sleeping. A few minutes later, she opened her eyes.

            She looked at me and then said quietly: "James? What happened?".

            Just when I opened my mouth to reply, she raised her hand up in the air and said: "Oh, I remember.". She started to cry and she curled on her side.

            I took her hand and said: "It's ok, Dina. That guy didn't hurt you. I came on time to stop him. And it wasn't Daniel who you've heard.".

            "Are you sure he didn't do anything?", she asked scared looking at me.

            "Yes, baby. I'm sure. I got here on time.", I smiled to her.

            "Are you sure, sure?", she doubled the question, asking for my confirmation again. I reached my hand to her face, caressing it. I smiled and nodded confirming.

            I said: "I'm sure, baby. Everything is ok.".

            She smiled back and said: "Ok then. And about Daniel, I heard the girl saying his name.", she said confused.