Chapter 25 - Womanizer by Britney Spears video

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 25

Dina's POV

            I don't know how long I've been sitting here, and I didn't want to know. I was thinking about going back home, to Europe. Can I be just a friend with him? My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was Zoya. I answered, not even trying to hide the sadness in my voice. When she heard my voice, she knew something's wrong and she wanted to know where I am. When I told her where am I, she said she'll be right over.

            A few minutes later she found me in the park. She asked me what happened and I told her everything. She was surprised and shocked. I asked her not to tell anyone, she could tell only to Jake, no one else.

            I told her quietly: "Zoya, I will go home, to Europe. But you can stay.".

            "No! Please Dina, don't go. Don't leave me alone. I'd like to stay more. What about Jake and me? Please stay.".

            I looked at her sadly. 'It's not fair from me to punish her and make her go home. It's not her fault and I know she wouldn't want to stay here alone.', I thought. She was looking at me, begging with her eyes.

            "Ok, I'll stay with you.", I said. She smiled and hugged me tightly.

            "Thank you!", she screamed happily.

            Then she lifted me up, pulling me by my hands, saying: "Come on. We're going to have some fun tonight. You need it. Let's go.".

            At first I protested, but then I agreed. I didn't usually drink, or support drunkenness, but now, I really did need a drink, or a few. I need to stop thinking about James. Emotions took over me. I was sad, angry, disappointed and in love. First we went home. I had to change my clothes. This one was all damp and dirty from the ground where I was sitting. It was raining last night too.

            We got dressed and went to that karaoke bar nearby. We went inside and sat down at a free table. Before we even ordered our drinks, a group of people came closer to us, asking me if I'll sing again. When I said I won't, they started to beg. Then I said I'll sing one song only, but later. When I relaxed a little, I went over to the stage, deciding that this time I'll sing 'Womanizer' by Britney Spears. When the song was over, I walked over to Zoya. We had our drinks.

            Jake came to join us too, sitting next to Zoya. She told him what happened. He was sad and shocked. He didn't remember James ever mentioned Jenny. A few minutes later, a good looking guy approached us. He greeted us and started talking to me. Zoya and Jake were too busy with their make out session!

            The guy sat down next to me, introducing himself, saying his name is Danny Ross. I introduced myself too and we started to talk. He was flirting with me, and I didn't turn him down. I was so hurt and had to forget James. I was getting drunker by each drink I had. But James still didn't leave my mind. God! I noticed that Danny reminds me a lot of James. I mean, he didn't look like James at all, it was just... I don't know... Something.

            Zoya and Jake went to dance. Danny went to the bar and got us another drinks. All of a sudden I didn't feel well and the room was spinning. Actually, I'm pretty sure the room wasn't spinning at all, but I felt like it moves. I almost fell on the floor but Danny caught me, asking if I'd like to go out to get some air.

            I said: "No, it's ok. I'll be ok.".

            I wanted to hear James's voice so badly, but I knew I couldn't, he was undercover, which means, no contact at all with any of us. And besides, we weren't together anymore. I should really stop thinking about him. Jake and Zoya went to get the car closer, while I was standing outside with Danny. He hugged me, holding me so that I don't fall down. Then he kissed me. My first reaction was to slap him, but I didn't, I just stood there. Watching blankly in front of me.

Earlier that day...

James's POV

            I made a quick phone call to Mark and then dragged myself out of the building, following Jimmy. A few minutes later I saw Dina sitting on the ground, leaned on a tree in the park, as Jimmy and I passed by it. She was far, but I saw her. She was crying... I wanted to jump out of the car and go to her, but I couldn't. We were late already.

            I whispered: "Oh, Dina...".

            I watched her until we passed the curve, and she was out of my sight. A few moments later we were at our station. But I was still unable to concentrate. Dina was everything I could think of. The captain came to me, apologizing again and telling me everything about the assignment. I had to try harder to stop thinking about Dina, and listen to what he was telling me.

            He reminded me that I can't contact anyone from my real life, because it might get them in danger. I had to leave all of my personal stuff here, including my phone. I wasn't allowed to have a photo of her, either. The one we took in one of those photo booths. I had to leave everything here. I frowned at the thought I won't be able to hear her voice or look at her photo for 2 months.

            The trip to the assignment location took a few hours. During the trip, I was thinking about what happened today. How did Jenny found out where I live? And, most importantly, was the baby really mine? What will happen with Dina and me? Will we work this out? Will I be able to fix this situation when I come back? Will Dina wait for me? All those thoughts rushed through my mind. I was so tired, and eventually I fell asleep, leaning on the window.