Chapter 16

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 16

Five days later...

Dina's POV

            Sadly, the day when we had to leave, has come. We've been preparing for this for the past few days, but still we haven't been really mentally ready for it. First we've escorted Melanie to her terminal at the airport, waiting with her in front of it. We weren't allowed to go inside, so we were all standing in the hallway in front of her terminal. Her flight was scheduled to go first, than James's and ours was last.

            Zoya was sitting in the chair, waiting for Melanie to get called for boarding. She looked through the window. She seemed very far in her own thoughts. I think she was fighting a battle with her tears. I'll talk to her later. For now, I'm going to use this few precious minutes I have left, to be with James and Melanie.

            James was holding me the whole time, standing behind me, hugging me around my waist. We didn't talk much, we just enjoyed in each other touch. The two of us talked with Melanie and then Zoya joined us. I think Zoya will miss her the most, they became pretty close in all this time. Melanie promised we'll see each other soon.

            Then I remembered, face palming myself in the process: "Oh crap! I forgot my leo and my rose. I left them on my bed...". The three of them laughed.

            Melanie said: "Don't worry, you'll come and take it soon. Or I'll bring them to you.".

            She smiled and then she got called for boarding. We hugged her, one by one, when she started to cry, saying she'll miss us all. Zoya cried too, hugging her tightly. Melanie kissed her on the cheek, took the suitcase and walked away from us a few steps. She turned around waving to us, and then continued to walk away. She was the last passenger that got inside of the plane. A few staff members went inside behind her, closing the doors in the process.

            When the doors got closed, Zoya hugged me. She really liked Melanie. Now we had to walk James to his terminal too. We dragged slowly. I kinda hoped he'd miss his flight and stay with me some more. But he didn't miss it. He got called a few minutes after we came to his terminal. He hugged me tightly, standing in front of me now, kissing me.

            "I love you, Dina. Please, baby, come to me soon.", he whispered to my ear. U could hear the sadness in his voice as he spoke.

            "I love you too, James. I'll come as soon as I can. I'll miss you.", I said, almost crying. I really am going to miss him.

            "I'll miss you too.", he replied to me. He hugged Zoya too, saying 'goodbye', before he walked away.

            He turned towards us when he was at the door, mouthing to me: "I love you.", once more. I replied the same way, and he went inside.

            Zoya and I hugged each other sideways, and started to walk towards our terminal. We were too sad to say anything. We entered our plane, settling in our seats. I let Zoya sit by the window again. I knew how much she liked to look out through the plane window. I think this was the only thing she was looking forward at the end of our time in England. She was amazed by the sight, just as she was when we were arriving to England, at her first flight. I smiled and held her hand. She looked towards me, and smiled with a small smile. She felt a little better, I could tell. She continued to look through the window, so did I.