Chapter 24 - Pic of sad James / Vulnerable by Roxette video

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 24

Dina's POV

            I was in the kitchen when I heard some girl yelling angrily. I tilted my head through the door frame so I could see what's going on. She was screaming at James, hitting his chest. He was visibly shocked and confused. I turned my attention to her again. She was... Pregnant? She's got to be, she had a pretty big belly already. Why is she screaming at James?

            I listened. "This is your fault! You can't back down now! It's yours!", she screamed at James.

            His? The baby is his? My heart started to beat so fast, I thought I'll faint. My James is going to be the father? To some other girl's child? I had to sit down to calm myself. I wasn't feeling well. I went back to the kitchen and sat on the chair. Tears ran from my eyes. I've lost him.

            A few minutes later the girl went away. I wiped my tears harshly, taking a few deep breaths, calming down. James came into the kitchen, shock on his face. I got up and before he said anything, I barely said: "I heard what happened. You have to take the responsibility and be there for both of them, the girl and the baby. From now on, you and me... We're not together anymore. You have to be with her and the baby. You know it's hard to be single parent these days...".

            My heart was breaking into million pieces as I tried to walk past him, not even looking at him. He grabbed me by my upper arms.

            "Dina, baby, please don't do this. If it's really the truth, I'll be there for the baby, but I don't want to be with her. I want to be with you, only you.", he said, obviously hurt by my words.

            "No, James, I made my decision. I don't want to be the one who'll stand between you, that girl and the baby. You have to do it. I'm not a family breaker. I'm sorry.", I said, barely holding my tears.

            He leaned on the wall harshly with his back, leaning his head backwards and saying: "Dina...". I walked past him, and went to the front door, opening them.

            I heard him yelling: "Oh God!! This can't be happening!!". He ran closer to me before I got out, grabbing my upper arm, stopping me.

            "Please! Dina! Please baby, don't do this! I...", he begged me. I removed my hand from his grip.

            "No, James. We'll be friends. And that's it. We're done, James.", I said seriously, interrupting him and dying inside. A guy came walking to the door.

            "James! Man! Where's your phone? I've been calling you for the last 5 minutes! We're going to be late. We have to go. Now!", he screamed.

            James ignored the guy: "Dina, please...".

            I lifted my hand, making him to stop talking: "No, James. Friends. That's all. Take care of yourself. Bye.".

            I gave him a peck on the cheek, lingering there for a second, breathing his scent for the last time. He returned the kiss and reached his hands towards me, but I walked away before he could touch me.

            Then I heard the guy again: "Now, James!".

            I ran out of the building to the nearest park, crashing myself to the ground, leaning on a tree, crying my soul out. How did I let myself fall like this again? I let myself get hurt again. I believed. I loved. How will I live without him? How can I be just friends with the one I love so much? Just friends with my James? How will I do it?

James's POV

            Could things get any worse?!? I wanted to shot myself right here and now. She was gone. She broke up with me. My Dina went away, and I couldn't stop her. And over that girl I know nothing about, except her name, Jenny. And Jenny was pregnant with the baby that maybe wasn't even mine!

            Dina didn't give me the time to explain, she was obviously deeply hurt. She didn't think rationally and I can't blame her! She just heard some girl is pregnant with her boyfriend! I couldn't go after her, because this guy here, Jimmy, was screaming in my ear that we'll be late and that we have to go.

            I leaned my forehead to the wall, needing a minute to calm down. He saw I was in pain, so he gave me a minute for myself. I was thankful for that. I really didn't want to punch him in his face, which I would if he didn't stop talking.

            "Urgh! God dammit!!", I screamed into the wall, hitting my fist into it.

            It hurt, but not as much as knowing I've lost my Dina... She was hurt before, but she chose to give me a chance as I promised I won't hurt her. And now she is hurt again, because of me...