Chapter 32

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 32

Jake's POV

            When James and Daniel went away, Zoya and I talked and laughed. Then we decided we could go to the cinema. It was raining, so walking was not that much of an enjoyment anyway. She got ready and we went outside. The line was pretty long. We bought popcorn and ate them while we waited, kissing each other often.

            We bought the tickets and went inside of the movie studio. Found our seats and sat down. Hugging and kissing. The movie started. We held hands and smiled, looking at the big screen. An hour and a half later, the movie finished and we went out. Going to Zoya's place again. I had a free day today, so I'll spend it with her. I work tomorrow morning.

            We came into the apartment and she went to take a shower. Inviting me to go with her. I smiled and followed her into the bathroom. We took a shower, hugging and kissing while the water was running over us. And then we went to her room. When we were on her bed, it was pretty clear what's coming next. We were only wrapped up in towels and lying on her bed, cuddling and whispering. We made love. She fell asleep soon. I watched her for a few minutes, kissed her and then I drifted to sleep too.

            I woke up at 5 am. I couldn't sleep anymore. And I had to go anyway. I have to go to work. I'm working from 7 am to 3 pm and I had to go home first. I wrote a note to Zoya, not wanting to wake her up. I went home to take my clothes and headed to work. My shift passed quickly. I went over to Zoya again. Earlier we made a deal we'll go to James's place when I come back, because James invited us over. He had something for Zoya, for her birthday. Her birthday is tomorrow, but he works tomorrow, so he wanted to give her a gift today. We went to James's place.

James's POV

            When I woke up this morning, I messaged Dina: "Good morning! :) ", hoping for a reply.

            She answered quickly: "Good morning to you too, J. :) ". My heart skipped a beat when I saw her message. She wasn't angry at me because of our talk yesterday.

            I smiled, and wrote: "How are you feeling, baby?".

            "I'm fine. How are you?", she replied.

            "I'm great now when I'm talking to you. :) I miss you. When are you coming back?", I wrote.

            She replied shortly: "Probably tomorrow.".

            And then another message came: "James, I miss you too, but you really have to stop. We're not together anymore. So please, stop torturing yourself, and me. Or we won't be able to even be friends.".

            "Ok. I'll stop. :( But if I don't say it, it doesn't mean I don't mean it. I love you, Dina. And I always will. And now I'll stop talking. I won't say that again. :( ", I replied to her.

            "And the hardest part is, I love you too, James. But I don't know what to do. I'm really confused. Bye now.", she wrote quickly.

            A tear fell from my eye at her last message. I knew she loved me too, but I didn't think she'll admit it, since we're not together anymore. And she was with my brother now. She didn't want to hurt him. And she thought I should be with Jenny, and all that meant we can't be together.

            Jake and Zoya visited me, and I gave Zoya her birthday gift. A vase. Just like I planned to buy her one, when Jake got her the flowers for their first official date. I explained to her why I bought her a vase, and they smiled. She was surprised I still remember that. 'Of course I remember that day. It was the best night with my baby. The night by the fireplace... Of course, no need for them to know that.', I thought to myself. We sat in the living room and talked, when someone knocked on my door. I went to open them.