Chapter 45

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 45

Zoya's POV

When James went into Dina's room so he could sleep, I went to clean the place a little. Daniel came to pick me up at 6 pm. We went to the airport. I think he secretly loved James's car. He was so thrilled having a chance to drive it.

When he noticed I'm looking at him amused, he said: "What? I L.O.V.E this car! It looks almost the same as my ex Honda. It's so great! But James never let me drive it. Until now, anyway.".

I smiled at him and said: "Just don't trash him, or we'll both be dead!".

He smiled slightly and said: "I won't. I loved my Honda City too. I miss my Honda.".

He became a little sad. I didn't know what to say to make him feel better. But luckily, his mood improved quickly and he turned the radio on. We arrived at the airport soon.

"Well, we're here! Let's go and find that Melanie chick!", he said smiling widely.

We got out of the car and went to the terminal to wait for Melanie. I was so happy when I saw her, I almost screamed. Daniel was looking in the other direction at that moment, and when I gasped loudly, he turned to look at Melanie's direction. We were all dressed up warmly, since it was December, and it was cold. When Melanie came close enough, we hugged tightly.

When we let go of each other, I introduced them to each other: "Daniel, this is Melanie Epps. Melanie, meet James's brother, Daniel Miller.".

They shook hands and smiled to each other. Melanie called me last week and said she can't reach Dina on the phone. I told her that Dina had a car accident and that she's in a coma. That's the reason she's here now. Melanie asked for Dina. I told her that Dina's condition is still the same.

I wanted to lighten up the mood a little and said: "But when Alex took Dina's hand and spoke to her, Dina squeezed her hand!".

Daniel looked at me and smiled. I told him about that while we were driving here. But I told him the full version, not Alex's edited one that she said to James and Ryan. He laughed at that when I told him. I had to make him promise he won't tell anyone, especially not James.

Then I continued: "Let's go to the hospital. Maybe she's awake!".

I was so full of hope. Daniel took Melanie's suitcases, dragging them. When we came to the car, he placed them into the trunk. I said to Melanie that she can sit in the front. She smiled to me and went to sit at the front seat. I sat behind and Daniel entered drivers' side. Melanie smiled to him. We were laughing and talking the whole way to the hospital. I was so happy that Melanie is finally here.

We were a complete team now. Alex, Mel, Dina and I. The only thing is, Dina has to wake up! We went straight to her hospital room. Alex was still there. Melanie and Alex hugged, and then I remembered that Daniel didn't meet Alex yet. I introduced them and they shook hands. We were in Dina's room for about 15-20 minutes and then we had to go out. A nurse came to tell us we should go. It was late.

All of us went to my place. I asked everyone to be quiet and not to wake up James. We came in quietly and sat in the living room. I said to Melanie and Alexandra that one of them will have to sleep in my room, and one in the living room for tonight, since James was in Dina's room. I'll be staying at Jake's place tonight. Or the two of them can both stay in my room, it's a big bed anyway. They've agreed they'll both be in my room, so they can chat before sleep.

Daniel asked all of us if we'd go to his place and watch movies with him. I saw Melanie wanted to go. She just met him, but she believed him since he was James's brother. She accepted and smiled, I asked if they could drop me off at Jake's place. Daniel agreed. Then all of us turned to Alex. She said she'll stay here and go to sleep, she was tired.

"Just be quiet and don't wake up James, ok?", I said.

She nodded her head confirming, smiling. Daniel said they'll drop me off at Jake's and get James's car back here. In case he needs it. They will walk over to his place.

I left a note to James: "James, Daniel will leave the keys in the mailbox when he drops me off at Jake's. Melanie will go with him to watch movies. Alex will stay here. Zoya.".

The three of us left the apartment, leaving Alex alone. I called Jake when Daniel and Melanie dropped me off at his building. I let him know I'll wait for him in front of his apartment. He said he'll be home in 5 minutes. He came quickly. We hugged and kissed, greeting each other. Then he unlocked the door and we went inside. He said he has to give me his spare key, so that I can go inside when he's not at home.

Jake's POV

Zoya said that she's going to make something to eat until I take a shower. I was at work the whole day, and I needed to relax a little. I put on my shorts and a t-shirt. It was cold outside, but here, in my apartment, the temperature was good. Not too cold, not too warm, just moderate. So I didn't have the need to dress up warmly. When I got out of the bathroom. Zoya was just placing the plates on the dining table. We ate and then she said she's going to take a shower too. I said I'll clean the dishes until she gets back. After a while she came back, wrapped only in a towel. She said she forgot to bring her clothes in a hurry, so I said I'll bring her something mine. I went to get some clothes for her.

When I came back, she was right in front of me, leaning over the couch to grab something. She was turned with her back towards me. I licked my lips, coming closer to her. I pressed my body onto hers, and she stood up. She placed her hands on my hips and started to wiggle her hips, teasing me. She turn around to face me and took the clothes I brought for her, throwing them on the couch.

She said: "I don't think I'll be needing that anytime soon.".

She smiled and kissed me, pulling my shirt up slowly. I took it off completely and we kissed passionately, walking slowly towards my bedroom, without breaking the kiss.

James's POV

I was sleeping when someone entered the room. As soon as I opened my eyes, I remembered I'm in Dina's bed. A ray of light from the living room lit half of the bedroom. There was someone standing at the door. Female. Long wavy hair.

"Dina?", I asked sleepily, sitting up in the bed, hoping it's her and that everything was just a bad dream.

"No, it's me, Alex. Sorry I woke you up, I just came to get my stuff. All my clothes are in here.", Alex replied apologizing.

"Oh, it's ok. Don't worry. What's the time? Has Melanie arrived?", I asked.

"Yea, she arrived. It's 9 pm. Zoya is at Jake's place, and Melanie went to Daniel's to watch movies. I'm going to bed now. Good night.", Alex said and went out of Dina's room.

I replied: "Good night.", and she closed the door.

Tomorrow is December 22nd, Daniel's b-day and I'm free the whole day. Maybe we could do something together. I'll go to visit him in the morning. I went back to sleep.

on_I