Chapter 26 - Pic of Danny Ross

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 26

3 weeks later...

Dina's POV

            I should really stop thinking about James. He's going to have a child, he'll be family with that girl and their baby. But I miss him. Danny from the bar kept asking me out every day. I think I will accept his invitation for a date. I really need to forget James. Zoya was my support the whole time. I don't know how would I deal without her.

            Things between her and Jake are going very well. I'm so happy for them. Zoya is really happy, I love to see her happy. I messaged Danny, accepting his invitation to go on some kind of a party with him tonight. We met in front of my building at 8 pm.

            He was really good looking guy, I can't argue that. Blond hair and blue eyes. Athletic type. He had dark blue jeans and a white/black checkered shirt, and underneath it a plain white t-shirt. But still, even though this good looking guy was right in front of me, I was still thinking about James. 'I really have to stop thinking about him!', I yelled at myself mentally.

            Danny smiled when he saw me coming down on my building stairs. He had a very pretty smile. I smiled back. And we were on our way. We were chatting about all kind of things while he drove us there, in his Honda City. I noticed that his car was similar to James's car.

            We arrived at the party about 15 minutes later. Danny got drinks for us and we joined some group of people and started to talk. I didn't drink alcohol since that night in karaoke bar, when James went away. I didn't like the taste of it, nor the hangover I felt the next day. And besides, it didn't help with my pain at all. So what's the point in taking it? That night was my only time I put alcohol in my mouth.

            Danny was an interesting and funny guy. I could fall for him. I guess. Eventually. A few days later we started dating. One half of my brain was yelling 'Are you crazy?! What are you doing?', the other half was saying 'You should do it. Live your life.'.

            We spent a lot of time together. I told him I broke up with my boyfriend the same day we met at karaoke bar, and that I need some time to forget him.

            He said: "It's ok. Take your time.", and he smiled with that adorable smile he had.

            "Thank you.", I replied shyly.

            He hugged me and kissed my cheek, saying: "No problem.".

1 month later...

Danny's POV

            I could see she likes me more and more by each day. I liked her and I wanted to give her the time she needed. It was obvious she was hurt. I was ready to give her the time. We were spending time together a lot, walking, watching TV and playing games. She didn't talk about her life, or her ex-boyfriend. So I didn't reveal things from my life either. She used to stay over at my place sometimes and we'd watch movies all night.

            Zoya and Jake hang out with us sometimes too. We went to the same karaoke bar where we met and had a great time there, singing and joking. This guy, Jake, was pretty funny. And it was so obvious he adores Zoya. The way he looked at her, that look was full of love. I met him the same day as I met Dina and Zoya. It's been a month and 3 weeks since I met them.

            We went to the bowling alley. First round Zoya and Jake played against Dina and me. Then we switched and Dina and Jake played against Zoya and me. And then the girls wanted to play against us boys. They were so funny, dropping the ball sloppily, and somehow, they managed to win anyway. We laughed so hard! We spent a few hours in the bowling alley and then we went to 'Starbucks'. After that Zoya and Jake went home, I don't know whose home. Dina and I went to my place and watched the movies.

Jake's POV

            We had a great time at the bowling alley. Zoya and Dina are so funny when they are together. They didn't know how to play at first, so Danny and I had to show them. They were hilarious. They were dropping the ball sloppily, but still, they managed to hit the pins and win. We were laughing a lot. We spent a few hours there. I was getting along fine with Danny. He seems like a good guy. He was interesting. I could see he liked Dina.

            Dina looked like she's in her thoughts a lot of times when I glanced over at her. I'm sure she missed James. I thought of him. He will be back in a week. It's been a month and 3 weeks since he went away. Zoya told me what happened between him and Dina, and that girl Jenny. I wasn't sure how he'll react when he finds out that Dina is dating someone else. I knew for the fact that he loved Dina more than anything, and this will surely crush him. It was weird to me that she accepted Danny so quickly, but I think she is trying to convince everyone, including herself that she's ok. But I could see she's not really ok.

            Zoya told me that Dina wanted to go back to Europe that day when James left, but Zoya asked her to stay. For two reasons, but she said only one reason to Dina. First, she wanted Dina to stay until James comes back, hoping that they will solve everything and be together again. And second, she wanted to stay because of me and wanted Dina to stay with her. This second reason is what Zoya said to Dina. Zoya and I were planning on going over to my place, but we decided to go for a walk first. We let Danny and Dina alone, said our goodbyes to them and went away.