Chapter 55

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 55

In the meantime...

Melanie's POV

            I've been awake for a while and just lying next to Daniel. Then suddenly, he started talking in his sleep. I was getting angrier by each word he said. He's been repeating the same thing, over and over again. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I started waking him up.

            Harshly.

            "Daniel!", I yelled.

            Nothing. My heart was beating so fast I thought it will jump out at any moment.

            "Daniel! Wake up!!", I yelled again.

            "What? What happened? Are you ok? Why are you yelling?", he asked confused with his sleepy voice.

            I didn't reply anything and he noticed I'm furious about something since I was squeezing my eyes at him angrily.

            He sat up in bed and asked: "What happened?".

            "You talked in your sleep! Really Daniel?! Cheating on me with my own cousin?! How could you?!", I screamed angrily, throwing my pillow at him and getting myself up from the bed. He was shocked at my words.

            "Wait, what?! I'm not cheating on you! Melanie!", he screamed getting up too. He ran closer to me and held me by my upper arms.

            I shook off his hands away from me and yelled: "Don't touch me!!".

            I was on the edge of tears. Almost 8 months with him went down the drain. It's August now, and we've been together since the end of December.

            "Melanie! What are you talking about?! I didn't cheat on you! I'd never do that. I love you.", he said loudly.

            Well, I can't actually expect him to remember the dream, can I? I decided to let him know what he was saying.

            "Does this refreshes your memory?! 'Dina, we can't continue doing this. James is my brother...'. How could the two of you do this to us?! To James and me?!", I asked angrily while I was mimicking his words.

            He was shocked but didn't say anything. He was thinking.

            "Urgh!", I said after a minute, turning away from him, going to the closet to take my stuff. I took my bag and started to jam my stuff in it.

            "Melanie! Stop! It's not what you think!", he yelled behind me.

            I didn't turn away. Tears were already forming in my eyes. I just continued with packing my stuff.

            "Please stop!", he said loudly again, coming closer and turning me over to face him.

            "It's not what you think!", he said again. Then he took my face into his hands.

            "Really, it's not.", he repeated, smiling slightly, still holding my face.

            I just looked at him blankly with tears in my eyes, not saying anything. He took my hand, removing the bag from it and led me towards the bed so we could sit.