Chapter 22

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 22

In the meantime...

Zoya's POV

            Jake and I went on our date, leaving Dina and James alone in the apartment. We went to the cinema first, and then we went for a walk. Holding hands and kissing once in a while. I like Jake a lot. In the middle of our walk, the rain started pouring, soaking us wet. Jake offered that we go to his place and watch the movies, so that we don't ruin Dina's and James's night too. I accepted, it made sense.

            I called Dina to let her know where I'll be, so that she doesn't worry about me. When we got to his place, he gave me some dry clothes to change. His shirt and shorts. We sat in the living room, watching TV. He kissed me again.

            "I know it's too early for this, but I really like you. Would you accept to be my girlfriend?", he asked me hopefully. Oh, God! He just asked me to be his girlfriend!

            "Yes!", I answered happily, and then I continued: "I like you too.". We started our make out session. The things got heated up soon.

            But then he pulled out of the kiss, saying: "Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed being with you last night, but could we not do it tonight again?".

            I looked at him confused and then he continued fast: "I mean, I don't want you to think I'm with you just for the sex. I really like you, and I'd like us to spend some non-sex time together. If you're ok with that?". Hopeful look on his face.

            I smiled: "Sure, no problem. I have never done anything even similar to what happened last night. What you wanna do?", I asked happily. He smiled and said he never done anything like that either.

            "We could play some cards, talk, play games on PlayStation, or maybe you have some ideas?", he suggested with a smile a few moments later.

            "Strip poker?", I asked jokingly. Both of us laughed.

            I said: "We could talk for a while, and then watch the TV some more, and then I'll have to go.".

            He replied: "You can stay here tonight, and go home tomorrow. I'll drive you. Dina already knows you're here. You can sleep in my room, and I'll sleep here, on the sofa.".

            "Don't be silly, if I'm staying here, then we're both sleeping in your bed. Non-sex sleep, don't worry.", I replied smiling.

            He smiled with an agreement. We talked for hours and then went to sleep. In his bed. We cuddled and fell asleep almost instantly. I woke up at 7:30 am for some reason, which was quite unusual for me. I woke up Jake too. I should go home. Jake gave me my now dry clothes back and I got dressed. He drove me home. We kissed in the car in front of my building, and then I got out. I met James at the front door. He scared me a little. I was looking in my purse in search of the keys, when he opened the doors.

            We greeted and I walked in and he walked out. He came back a few minutes later, holding a bag over his shoulder, going in a direction of the bathroom to take a shower. I remembered he's going to work soon. I talked to Dina for a while. And then he walked out of the bathroom, dressed in his SWAT uniform. Damn!! He looked good!! Dina walked over to him, telling him something. They smiled.

            James asked me about my date last night, I answered: "It was great, we walked for a while, but then the rain started. We went to his place and talked a lot, watched the TV...".

            Both of them smiled. The three of us ate breakfast Dina had made, and then he went away. Dina and I were alone now. We've talked for hours. About everything, the boys, how we miss Melanie and the rest of the crew, about movies. Any subject we could think of. We were skipping from one subject to the next, laughing. We decided we'll spend the whole day together, agreeing we'll go shopping and buy some things. Nothing much, just some stuff we needed at home.

            Key chains with names caught our attention. We searched for 'James', 'Dina', 'Jake' and 'Zoya'. Yea, I don't think we'll find 'Dina' and 'Zoya', they are not common names and Dina agreed with me on that one. We shrugged not finding what we looked for. As we guessed, they didn't have 'Dina' and 'Zoya', and the last key chain with 'James' was sold out a few minutes ago. We found only 'Jake', but I decided I won't take it. We'll find something else we could have as a team.

            After a while we found the key chains again, but this time not with names, only letters. Ok, this could be easier to find. We need two 'J', one 'D' and one 'Z'. We smiled to each other when we found all the letters we wanted. We even bought one 'M' too, for Melanie, and one 'A', for Alex. And then we headed home, carrying all the supplies we bought.

            When we got home, we unpacked the bags, placing each item on its place. It was almost 5 pm. James will finish his work in a few minutes. Dina messaged him at 5:15 pm, telling him to go home and sleep, and that she'll come to him tomorrow, because Jake was at work and she wanted to keep me company. And James needed to rest anyway. He replied to her quickly, I don't know what he wrote, but she smiled. Dina and I prepared some food and talked for a while. We turned the TV on and watched a movie. I fell asleep soon.