Chapter 31

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 31

Dina's POV

            I arrived to Philadelphia and went to the hotel. When I got into my room, I messaged James, Zoya and Daniel that I arrived and everything is ok.

            "Thank you for SMS. Will you SMS me tomorrow too?", James replied.

            "I will. Good night. :) ", I wrote.

            The reply came quickly: "Ok. :) ILY".

            I stared at the last three letters 'ILY'. I missed hearing those three words from him. I missed him. But I didn't reply anything. I didn't know what to write anyway. I was tired so I went to sleep. I have to get up early. I'm going to the doctor in the morning, and later to do the work for Melanie.

            An alarm woke me up at 6 am. I got up, took a shower and went to the doctor's office. I didn't ate or drink. They'll take my blood for testing, so I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything. I was 3rd in line, so I didn't wait long. After I finished with the doctor, I went to do stuff for Melanie. That was done quickly. I had the rest of the day free.

            I took a short walk and went back to the hotel. For a while I was reading a book, but I couldn't concentrate on what I was reading. I read one page three times, and still didn't know what it was about, so I gave up. Only James was on my mind. I messaged him.

            "Hey, J. What are you doing?", I wrote.

            The reply came fast: "Nothing much. I'm at your place with Daniel, Jake and Zoya, watching a movie. It's not the same without you. Daniel and I have to go to work later, and we were bored so Daniel asked Zoya if we could come over. How are you?".

            Oh, God! They are together at my place. Oh, crap! A photo!

            "Uhm, J, don't tell Daniel anything. And make sure Zoya and Jake stay quiet too. Oh, and, there's a photo of you and me on the fridge, could you please remove it? Just in case...", I replied nervously.

            "Sure, D. BRB.", was his short reply.

            After a minute or two he wrote: "Done. I placed it on your bed under the pillow. I miss you, D. :( I love you.".

            "Thanks. Please, James. Don't do this. I'm with Daniel for now. You have Jenny and you'll have a baby soon. Btw, how is Jenny? Are you visiting her?", I asked, trying to change the subject. Not very successfully.

            He replied: "First of all, baby, I don't have her and I'm not with her. I just visit her to check how is she and if she needs anything. But I don't love her and I never will. I will help her with the baby if it's really mine, but that's it. I won't be with her. I LOVE YOU! Please, baby, understand me.". I stared at the message for a minute, trying to think what to reply.

            Then I finally wrote: "Please, don't call me baby. We've talked about this yesterday. We'll see what will be when I get back, ok? Bye.".

            I decided I won't reply to him anymore. He sent a few more messages, but I didn't read them. I went to bed crying and I fell asleep after a while.

Earlier that day...

Zoya's POV

            When I got up this morning, I made breakfast. Daniel called asking if he and James could come over and hang around with Jake and me for a while, before they go to work. They work from 3 pm to 10 pm. Jake is free today. I said they could come. Daniel said they'll come around noon, because his brother had to visit his girlfriend first. Girlfriend? James has a girlfriend? I thought of Jenny, Daniel probably talks about her. I'll ask James in private when I see him. It was raining. Not so many things to do outside.

            Jake came around 11 am. I told him that Daniel and James will come too. He became a bit nervous. He was afraid that Daniel will find out the truth. I took his hand and pulled him into a hug, saying that everything will be fine. He smiled and kissed me. After an hour Daniel and James arrived. We had to 'introduce' Jake and James, because James haven't seen Jake in front of Daniel yet.

            All of us sat down in the living room. I made food and drinks and we watched the movie Daniel brought. James seemed sad and he was checking his phone every few minutes. Waiting for something? Then suddenly, there was a sound coming from his phone. Something like SMS, I think. He smiled at the screen.

            After a few moments he got up and went to the kitchen and then to Dina's room. Luckily, Daniel and Jake didn't even noticed that. I guess he's talking with Dina and she asked him to hide the photo of them from the fridge. I forgot to do that. He came back, and he wrote a few more messages. He became sad again. I didn't know why, and I couldn't ask either, with Daniel around. After a while James and Daniel went away, leaving Jake and me alone.