Chapter 29

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 29

Dina's POV

            It was 9 am when my phone rang. I looked at the ID. It was my sister Alexandra. It's 3 pm in Europe now.

            I answered quickly: "Hey, Alex. What's up?". She smiled.

            "Nothing much. I just wanted to ask you something.", she said happily. She was an architect, and a great one, if I may add.

            "Sure, sis. What is it?", I replied.

            "Well, I was wondering. Could I come over to you?", she asked hopefully.

            "You want to come here?", I asked screaming happily.

            "Yea. I'd like to come to you. Can I?", she asked again.

            "Of course you can! Mom and dad know you want to come here?", I asked carefully.

            "Yes, I told them. They said it's fine with them if you agree.", she stated.

            "Of course I agree. You have to make a visa. Oh, crap! Wait! First I have to find someone to be your contact here. I can't be, since I'm here on a visa too.", I said sadly.

            "Can't you ask your contact if he can be mine too?", she chirped hopefully.

            "Well, I could try. I'll let you know. Ok? Love you. Say 'hi' to mom and dad. I'll call you later.", I said.

            She agreed and we hung up. James. He's my contact. Yea, I guess I could ask him. Zoya knocked on my door saying she made breakfast. I got out of my bed and went to the kitchen to join Zoya. She told me James sent her a message last night, asking how am I. She showed me the messages.

            He seemed happy when she told him that I'm alone. I don't know how will I be able to be just friends with him, when I love him so much. Sometimes I really wish I have on/off switch for my feelings! I told Zoya that Alexandra wants to come here, to us. She was happy. Zoya and Alexandra adore each other. I told her about 'visa contact' problem, and if I should ask James for it.

            She screamed: "Yes!! Ask him!".

            I smiled at her. Then she said she's going out with Jake. Daniel was at work. Now I knew he's a SWAT agent too. He said he works today again, from 10 am to 5 pm. Ok, so I'll be alone the whole day. I don't know when James works. I'll message him.

In the meantime...

James's POV

            I was still in bed. Too lazy to get up. I wasn't sleeping, just lying and thinking. My phone sounded, I received an SMS. I opened it lazily. Dina's name appeared on the screen. I opened my eyes widely, sitting up in my bed quickly. SMS was from Dina.

            "Hey, James. Are you at work?", she wrote.

            "No, baby, I'm at home. I'm free today.", I replied quickly. Nothing. She didn't reply anymore. Was she angry because I said 'baby' to her?

            A minute later I wrote: "Why?".

            I waited for a few minutes. She didn't reply again. Just when I was about to call her, I heard a knock on my door. I got up from my bed, wearing only my shorts and went to open them. It was her. She was standing in front of me. My heart skipped a few beats. I asked her to come in. She came in and went into the living room. I closed the door and followed her. She turned around and looked at me.