Chapter 13

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 13

Dina's POV

            After we left the theatre, James invited me on a date.

            He said: "I want to take you somewhere and that could be our first official date. Actually, first date at all. Would you like to go?".

            I smiled and said: "I'd love to!". And we were on our way. He took my hand in his.

            We were walking for a while, when he said: "We're almost there. Just a few more minutes.".

            As we were coming closer to our destination, music and voices were becoming louder and louder. We arrived at the amusement park! I smiled to him. He was so cute, he took me to the amusement park. First he bought some popcorn and we took a walk through the amusement park, trying to decide what we should do first.

            He was holding his arm over my shoulders, and I hugged him around his waist. We were kissing occasionally. He looked so happy, like a child in a candy store. When we ate our popcorn, we went on a few rides on different roller-coasters. I didn't really like those things much, but he did, so I decided to give it a go. It was funny and interesting, actually.

            But once we stopped, my insides started to disagree with me. They were rolling and stumbling inside, almost ready to get out, in any way they can. I guess he noticed I'm turning white.

            "Are you ok? No more rides for you, baby. You don't look well.", he stated worriedly.

            "You wanna sit and rest or something? Go home maybe?", he continued.

            "No, I don't want to go home. I just need a moment for my stomach to stop spinning. I'm not used to this. I haven't been on a roller-coaster since I was a kid.", I said quickly. He kissed me and sat beside me on the bench, hugging me.

            "I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd feel sick because of it.", he said sadly.

            "No! Don't worry, I really enjoy being here with you. Don't feel sorry.", I kissed him on the cheek, smiling.

            He smiled back, hugging me tightly: "Ok, baby.".

            A few minutes later I felt better and we were on our way to discover new interesting things we could do. I saw a 'basketball' electronic game. We pressed the option for two players, and the game started. I won! 54:21. He smiled at how happy I was about it. I'm pretty sure he let me win, because he felt sad about my 'not so good getting along with the roller-coaster' moment. We smiled to each other.

            A few minutes after that, he saw a mini shooting range. A huge grin came across his face. He wiggled his eyebrows. I smiled too. I knew what he was about to ask.

            "Wanna try?", he asked hopefully with a smile.

            I said: "Sure, I always wanted to try it! But you'll win on this one. I never done it before, and besides, that's what you do.".

            "Well, who knows, maybe you'll be good at it too. Not as good as me, but...", he said jokingly, gently pushing me with his elbow.

            He stood behind me, hugging me with his arms, showing me the basics, how to hold a gun, how to 'lock on' the target, how to shoot... He smiled. We were shooting at paper targets. I did a pretty good job, but of course, he won. I really enjoyed this. I'll have to ask him to teach me to shoot from a real gun, and not these plastic ones they had here.

            As if he heard my thoughts, he said smiling: "I'll teach you to shot from a real gun one day.".

            I smiled back and he kissed me. We spent some more time here, and then we went to see what else we could do. He saw a stand with stuffed animals. The ones where you need to shoot the target repeatedly in order to win an animal you want.

            He asked: "Which animal would you like?".

            "Uhm, leo?", I said, holding my arms crossed on my chest, one of them leaned on my head like I was thinking.

            He smiled and said: "Leo it is then.", as he prepared himself and started shooting, not missing one single shot. He was so concentrated.

            Turning to me after a few moments, holding a big stuffed leo in his hands, giving it to me, he said: "For you, baby.".

            "Thank you, baby.", I replied smiling happily, hugging the leo he just won for me.

            Then he bought some cotton candy for us, with an excuse he didn't eat one in ages. A few seconds later he ran away slowly chasing one girl. Coming back a few seconds later, holding a beautiful red rose in his hand.

            He took a bow in front of me, just like he did before our first show and asked giving me the rose: "Would you like to take a walk on the beach now?".

            I bowed back to him, smiling, taking the rose and nodding confirming: "Yes. Thank you. It's beautiful.".

            "Not more than you.", he replied smiling, kissing me shortly again.

            We walked for a while on the beach and then sat on the sand, just listening the waves and talking. After our walk on the beach, he walked me home.

            "Thank you. I really had a great time.", I said while stopping in front of the doors.

            "I enjoy spending the time with you.", he said coming closer to me.

            I put my leo and the rose on the bench beside me, turning to him again. Hugging him. He lifted my chin gently with his hand, kissing me. Kissing him felt so great, every time we kissed. After a few minutes, when we finished our kiss, we said good night to each other and kissed once more, shortly this time. He went away.

            I took my leo and the rose, and walked inside of the house quietly. It was late and Melanie and Zoya were sleeping already. I laid down on my bed, repeating every minute of our date in my mind. I fell asleep soon, thinking of him.

            In the morning, Zoya wanted to know all the details about our date. Of course she'd want that, Zoya is Zoya. She liked my leo. I placed him on my bed so he'd be by my side every night. Rose was on my night stand. 'I have to remember to press it between the papers, to preserve it.', I thought to myself.