Chapter 60 - Pic of Jonathan

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 60

About 2 years later...

Dina's POV

"Mom, mom! Wake up!", the twins screamed around me.

My heart was pounding rapidly. They are so big now. They are 5 year old boys and they look just like James. They called for me a few more times and then went out of the room.

I sat up in bed, taking a deep breath and saying: "Oh, it was just that nightmare again!".

I placed my head in my hands and ran my fingers through my hair, blowing a deep breath. That robbery really happened 2 years ago, exactly as it happened in my nightmare. I had that nightmare a lot of times since then.

Flashback

James was shot and losing a lot of blood.

I begged Daniel to help him and he said sadly: "I can't. I can't help him, Dina.". Then I remembered.

"Ryan!", I yelled. Daniel removed me from himself quickly, looking at me.

"Ryan is in the park across the street! Call him!", I screamed.

He nodded his head, taking his phone out quickly, calling Ryan. Ryan came two minutes later, going to James right away. Even Ryan look frightened when he saw James. A few minutes later the ambulance came, and Jake with it. Stephen removed his hands from James and Jake took him into the ambulance quickly.

Stephen's hands were red from James's blood. I couldn't stop looking at them. I was in shock. Daniel shook me to get me back to reality. Stephen wiped his hands clean. I asked Daniel to send someone over to the park and help Alex to take the kids home. Daniel nodded quickly and went away. I ran towards Ryan and asked if I could go with James. Ryan and I went in the ambulance with James, while Jake was driving. On our way to the hospital James fell into a coma and died.

I started to cry uncontrollably. Ryan stopped the bleeding and reanimated him, telling me to calm down. He didn't want to give up on James. A few moments later, James's heart started to beat again. I calmed down a little. We came into the hospital quickly after that. Ryan went into the surgery room with James. I had to stay in the hallway. I was desperate. Melanie and Daniel came a few minutes later.

Daniel told me that Stephen helped Alex with the kids and that they are at home. I thanked him, hugging him tightly, still crying. Then I hugged Melanie.

"I don't want him to die, Mel. I don't want to lose him.", I said crying on her shoulder.

"You won't, Dina. Everything will be ok.", she said reassuring me.

Then Ryan came out from the operation room into the hallway. He was serious. And I was afraid.

"Ryan? Is he going to be ok?", I asked through tears.

"I don't know. I can't make any promises. He lost a lot of blood.", he said sadly. Then he asked Daniel and me if we could give blood for him.

"Of course we could!", we screamed at the same time. James was blood type A, while Daniel and I were O. Ryan knew that since Daniel and I had that accident a few years ago. We gave our blood samples for the tests. Everything was fine with our blood, and we could give it to James. When James got out of the surgery an hour later, Ryan told me I can go to visit him. He survived. Our blood saved him.