{9}

Amara

As I was walking to my dorm from the library I felt my phone buzzing. I pull it out of my back pocket and saw J-Hope was calling me. I answer the phone and put it to my ear while pulling out my ID.

"Ah hi Hobi, are you-" I stop when I hear yelling in the background.

"Mara this is Jin. Jung Ho-seok is furious! Something was said today while the paparazzi were trailing us and he just snapped." Jin says and I speed up my walk and get inside the Dormitory and head to the elevator.

"Can you put him on the phone?" I ask and Jin hums and the yelling gets louder. I could tell J-Hope was furious. I never actually heard him yell before since usually when he is mad he just gets silent, for me at least. Jin cautiously says his name and the yelling stops momentarily.

"Mara" I hear Jung Ho-seok say quietly and I let out a breath.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask and he gives a slight grunt before sighing.

"Far from it."

"You know you can tell me, right? You don't have to but-"

"There's something going on in the army and the backlash is incredibly harsh.." He says and I walk into my dorm room and set my things down and lock the door.

"I'm sorry to hear that J. Is there anything I can do?" I ask and he gives chuckle.

"There's nothing for you to do Mara, thank you though."

"Are you at least more calm than you were?" I ask and I got the feeling that he was smiling on the other end.

"I am I am."

"Are you smiling?" I ask and he laughs.

"I am smiling, how'd you know?"

"I can feel it. I don't know but I can usually feel when people are smiling while I'm on the phone with them?" I say questioningly

As the two of us talked on the phone, I realized that whenever he had a conflict he veered from it to keep me from worrying about it. He didn't want me to worrying about him and was just asking me about any other things going on in my life. A couple moments I just wanted to jump through the phone and just give him a hug so he knew that I cared about him. He was my older brother, I didn't like that he didn't want me to worry about him, but that was just him.

"Hey Amara, I should go but thank you for cheering me up." He says and I sit up from the couch and smile.

"You're my brother Jung Ho-seok, I'm going to always do that for you."

"And you're my sister Amara Moore so I expect nothing less."

"Love you bro, stay good and if you need to rant, I'm always here."

"Saranghae"

I hang up and sigh and look at the calendar and saw that the boys were coming in a couple of months now and I still have yet to find any good deals on front row seats and meet and greet tickets. I refuse to ask the boys because I don't want them to think that I'm only friends with them because they are famous.

I groan and lay back on the couch frustrated when my phone starts to ring. I look over and see Jimin face timing me. I answer and see him in a dance studio with sweat on his forehead. I smile and instantly was happy, letting go of the frustration.

"Hi Park, what brings you to call me?"

"Just wanted to check up on you." He cheeses and I knew he was up to something.

"I'm okay."

"I have a surprise for you." He says and I hear music playing in the background.

"What is it?" I ask and he reaches off the screen somewhere and shows me two tickets.

"I got you two front row seats for you and your best friend since I remember you telling me she loves our music and two VIP passes specially made so you both are able to come back stage." He cheeses and I cover my mouth.

"Jimin I was gonna try and buy some tickets myself!" I exclaim and sit up

"Why didn't you just ask? I or any one of us would have given you some" He laughs and I shake my head.

"So you wouldn't think I'm only friends with you for the free tickets." I sigh and he raises a brow.

"Who said it was free?" He asks with a cheeky smile and hums.

"How much do I owe you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Pay me back by allowing me to take you out to dinner."

"Deal, thank you so much."

~~~

I walk into Klaira's dorm room to see her chilling on her couch while watching reruns of the show Teen Wolf. I grab the remote and turned the tv off and she sucks her teeth. I smirk and sit next to her, ignoring her rambling about turning her tv off.

"I have news for you." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"It better be good." She says in annoyance and I sit up and clear my throat dramatically.

"As you know the concert is in a few months and we were kind of struggling to find a good deal on some tickets." I say and she hums and nods.

"Go on."

"I was given two tickets....two front row seat tickets and two VIP tickets to go backstage." I say and Klaira jumps up and screams and starts to cry hysterically.

"How? Who? Was it one of them?" She asks and starts to hug me.

"Don't worry about it, I did it for you." I smile hug her back tightly

Klaira continues to hug me more before letting go and sitting on the couch and wiping her tears and looking up at me. She smiles and I sit next to her and return it. She leans against me and huffs.

"Do you think they like skinny girls more than plus sized girls?" She asks and I look down at her.

"They're open minded guys, you should know more than anyone." I smile and she stifles a laugh.

"Yeah, I just feel nervous. I know I have no chance with them but...I at least want to seem beautiful to them...especially Jimin." She says and I bite my lip and hum.

"I'm sure once he sees you, you'll catch his attention. You're beautiful best friend, you even won campus queen." I whisper and she nods slowly.

"Do you think Jimin will think I'm beautiful?"

"I know so."