{8}

Amara

On the last day of the trip was just relaxing time, since we finished early. I stayed in my room while Lana and everyone else went out to the large pools. I sat in the room chilling in pink shorts and a white tank top. I was watching TV when my facetime goes off. I look over at my phone and saw Namjoon's name pop up.

"Hi Joonie!" I smile and he sets his phone on something and he waves.

"You look cute, I didn't know you were trying to get dressed cute for this call." He teases and I roll my eyes.

"If anyone is looking good, it's you." I say taking in his hair, black shirt, necklace tucked in his shirt and his mask.

"Ah thanks baby girl." He says and I roll my eyes and smile.

"Joon." I whine and he pulls his mask down and smirks

"Yes my lovely?" He asks innocently and I squint my eyes at him.

I smile and sit up and perch my down on the coffee able and turn to face him. We sit on the phone and just talk about everything and how it's been for them as well as what's been going on with me.

"Mara" I hear Namjoon say as I was playing with my hair and I look over at him.

"Yes sir?" I respond and leans towards the camera.

"Nevermind." He hums and I pout and he smiles.

"Tell me."

"Well, honestly I just want to say...gamsamnida. We've know you for almost half a year now and you have had a huge impact on our lives. You help keep us grounded, you're there for us when we're having bad days and make sure that what we do keeps our images good. You are like my little sister and the days you call me crying, it breaks my heart seeing such a happy person be so upset." Namjoon says and I smile and put my hand over my heart.

"Aw, Namjoon that's so sweet." I smile and he returns it.

"When I see you again, just know I will hug you extremely tight. I miss having your little body next to me, it's like a mini me."

"Aw I miss being around you as well." I smile and I hear my door being unlocked.

"Who's-"

"Joonie, mask." I say and he pulls his mask up and looks around and puts a black bucket hat on.

"Hey girl there was a- is that your boyfriend? He's cute." Lana giggles and I laugh nervously.

"I didn't know you were into Asian men."

"Yeah uh, Lana this is um..Noah, Noah this is Lana my roommate." I say and Namjoon waves.

"You look like a Noah, so how long have you two been together?" Lana asks and I facepalm.

"Alright alright, I'll leave you both to it. There's a party down at the pools if you want to join." Lana says and smiles before leaving.

"Oh gosh that was embarrassing." I say and cover my face.

"Don't worry about it, since I'm your boyfriend now-"

"Chill out Joon." I laugh

While on facetime with Namjoon I caught myself staring at him as he was writing down song lyrics. I saw him not only as a brother but as a best friend as well but I couldn't help but think he was attractive him. I smile as I watch him slightly bob his head and hum. His hair slightly fell forward and swayed with the movement. He looks over at me and chuckles a little and looks back at his notebook.

"That's creepy Mara."

"I'm sorry you're just a beautiful human being." I whine causing an amused smile to play onto his lips.

He goes back to writing and I lay my head on the plump white pillow. I open my mouth to say something when he beats me to it.

"If we weren't famous, would you still be our friend?" Namjoon asks and I nod.

"Of course I would! I don't really care about the fame. Well I do because I want to make sure everything is okay and that what goes on doesn't taint your image but if you weren't famous I would probably hang out more since you guys wouldn't be touring."

"Would our relationship be closer?" Namjoon asks and I fur my eyebrows in confusion and he clears his throat. "Like, not dating but..you know closer?"

"I kind of see what you're talking about and probably. Joon, if we ever lose contact, would you be sad?" I ask and he nods.

"I was sad when our time at the campus was up. I would probably try to find you. You're my best friend, why wouldn't I be?"

"I feel like...okay for me, me being friends with you I don't care that you're famous but I feel like for you being friends with me, you're limited because we can't be seen in public, we can't go many places-I feel like you wouldn't want to be friends with me."

"I would go out in public with you. Okay here's a deal, when we come into town, I'm taking you out for a whole day for just us. A best friend date. " He says and I pretend to think for a moment and grin.

"Deal."