Chapter nineteen

I flinched at their harsh tones, my eyes wide. I leave for two minutes and this happens?!

It's deadly silent as they wait for my answers but at the moment I'm absolutely tongue tied. How the hell am I supposed to respond?!

Understanding that I'm not going to pipe up they all begin shouting over the top of each other again.

None of them making any sense as their voices got louder and louder.

Bewildered as to what to do, I gazed at Jack J to see if he could do anything.

As I meet his gaze with pleading eyes he subtly nodded.

"Everybody shut the fuck up and listen!" the boys all shut their traps and looked at Johnson with annoyance, like he was the problem. Idiots.

"Clearly there's been some sort of misunderstanding between you all. Lily hasn't been leading you on no matter what the others say about her. She has told me everything and yes those things did happen but she didn't ask for them; you brought it on yourselves, putting poor Lily right in the middle of it all." he spoke with confidence and authority; forcing the boys to listen to his every word.

"Yeah guys, I mean I don't even have a choice in all this. You just decided to go after me like I was some sort of worthless prize." I piped up, directing their attention at me.

As I spoke my feelings, theirs features softened and postures relaxed. I didn't want to have to guilt trip them but I couldn't take the shouting.

No one dare speak, probably feeling guilty for being impulsive and guilty.

Sending the awkward tension I decided to go home and let them all think things through.

"Im just gonna go and yeah." I headed to the door before exiting, I picked up my clothes along the way and proceeded to walk out of their apartment.

I was nearly at the end of their drive when Jack Johnson came running over to me.

"Lemme get you home safely." he spoke breathlessly. I complied quite quickly, not wanting to walk all the way back to my house that was miles away.

He led me over to the car that always seems to be waiting for them and hopped in, me sliding into the seat beside him. The drive to my house was silent, Jack knew I wasn't in the mood to speak and soon enough we were parked up outside my front garden.

I was about to get out of the car, when Jack's hand circled my wrist, preventing me from moving.

"I'm sorry you've had to go through this." he said sincerely I just nodded.

"Me too Jack." I whispered back weakly. He placed something in my hand before letting go of my wrist.

"Call me if you need me ok?"

"Thanks Jack." I clenched the piece of paper in my fist before stepping out of the car and walking up to my house. The door was unlocked so I pushed it open and strolled in.

Dumping my shoes and dirty clothes by the front door, I padded into the living room to see my mum eating her dinner in front of the Tv.

"Hey mum." I kissed her cheek and plopped down beside her on our old couch.

"Hey sweetie, you had a good time?" her eyes were glued to the screen.

My mum and I had the type of relationship that was completely based on honesty. I would tell her anything and everything that was on my mind and she would listen to me and give me advice. It's just the way things have always been ever since my Dad left us.

I never really knew my dad, I've seen photos and videos of him from my newborn days but he abandoned me and mum when I was three. I could walk past him in the street and I wouldn't know who he was, which is such a crazy thought.

To say he means nothing to me anymore, would be an utter understatement.

"It was good and bad." I groaned, replaying everything back in my head.

She switched the TV off before placing her half eaten food on the coffee table and turning her body to face me.

"Explain." she said, and I did. I did not leave one single thing out and by the end of it, she had her brows furrowed as she thought it all through.

I picked at the hem of my borrowed top as she thought.

"I think you did the right thing hun, leaving the situation for them to cool down and process everything was good. You'll just have to wait it out now." I nodded, agreeing with her thoughts completely.

I did do the right thing because I wasn't the one in fault. It was the three boys; I was just caught in their crosshairs.

I continued to watch TV with mum, catching up on everything before heading off to bed at one in the morning.

I stripped off the borrowed clothing and threw an oversized flannel over my underwear. I stalked over to my bed, almost collapsing onto it, I was that in need of sleep.

I fluttered my eyes shut, welcoming the darkness entirely.

Authors note

Update before school for you! Please vote of you like it or the story In General and comment what you think! Thanks for reading! X