Chapter Twenty-Seven.

            So I’ve had a couple of days to think about everything that’s happened and I still can’t get his mother’s words out of my head. I understand that she’s trying to think of me too but this is what I want. Being with him is what I want and when I went over the next day to tell her that she told me that Justin needed alone time. Since when the hell does Justin need alone time? What he clearly wants is to be with me and now I’m forced to sit here in this room, alone, to swallow in my depths of despair and sulk. This is not what I wanted but what more can I do? I don’t want his parents to hate me because they’re his parents. That’s like, the number one rule of a relationship or something.

            I just wanted to see him and it’s been almost a week since we have. Our conversations on the phone were late at night and they only lasted for about five minutes because he didn’t want his dad to hear and that completely broke my heart. So this is how it’s going to be from now on? We just aren’t going to see each other unless it’s at school? Or at my house? And even if it is at my house we won’t be able to act like a couple because of my parents. God, this was so annoying.

            “Alyssa, Dinner’s ready.”
            Brandon opened my door after he said that and looked at me, only to see me crying. I didn’t know he’d come in so quickly but I couldn’t help it. I was miserable and everything that’s going on around Justin and I just set us up for failure. I don’t think there’s anything that could ever make us work.

            “What did that asshole do?” He spat, walking over to where I was. “I swear to god I’ll kill him.”
            “He didn’t do anything Brandon. It’s just – Ugh, I don’t know. It’s just everything. It’s complicated.”
            Brandon plopped down beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, letting me rest my head on his. I loved my older brother and although he pissed me off to no extent he was always there for me no matter what I did and no matter what happened between us. I guess he wasn’t mad anymore after I fixed his relationship with Kylie but he just didn’t know what was going on but maybe if he did then he’d understand a little bit more. There’s no way in hell I’d tell him though.

            “Look Alyssa, I know Justin’s slept around with more girls than anyone can count but you’re different to him and I can tell. I’ve never seen him so happy before and I mean that.”

            “He’s not- I’m not-“ I stopped myself from almost saying something and just shut my mouth. He just doesn’t get that Justin isn’t like that.

            “No Alyssa, I’m serious. He went from this man whore to only being dedicated to one girl and I don’t know how you did that because he literally broke so many hearts. I still can remember when he broke up with Jessica Landon after a one night stand and she literally went crazy over the summer.”

            “He didn’t sleep with her.” I said.

            “Yes he did Alyssa. Believe what you want but it’s on the internet.”
            “What’s on the internet?”
            “Their sex tape. He filmed it and released it. Are you just now hearing about this?”
            I didn’t believe him. I didn’t believe him but my eyes glanced down to his phone and the way he was speaking to me didn’t seem like he was lying. I knew my brother and I knew Jessica Landon. Jessica wouldn’t lie about something like that either, especially if it was a sex tape. She wasn’t exactly a slut.

            “I don’t think I believe you Brandon.”

            “Oh yeah?”