Chapter Forty-Two.

Chapter Forty-Two. 

            New York City by far surpassed all of my expectations. It was so much different from California. I mean I didn’t come from Los Angeles or anything so I’m not used to the busy streets like this. Everywhere you looked there were people walking and the most interesting thing about it was the diversity. The guy on the corner playing a guitar, the doctor holding a coffee, the business women talking rapidly on her phone. People were everywhere and it was so overwhelming to take in all at once.

            “So cool.” Justin smirked. “I think we have to go down that street though.”

            He pointed over towards a street that was somewhere hidden within the crowd. I couldn’t see anything but he grabbed onto my hand so we could push our way through the heaps of people.

            Our plans today were to look at an apartment. Justin still had a good chunk of money leftover from his mom but it wasn’t that much. It might be enough to last us a month but after that I’m not sure what we’ll do. I know he said something about job-hunting this week but now that we’re actually here it’s petrifying. How are we supposed to do this on our own?

            “C’mon.” He said. “It’s right down here.”

            My eyes widened in fear when we turned down an alleyway. It looked horrible and although I’m not some stuck up snob, I don’t know what the hell he was thinking. This place looked like something straight out of a horror movie. There was a dumpster that was sitting right outside and for a second I was expecting some hobo to pop out but he didn’t. Instead, Justin turned to look at me and I could tell he was reading my mind.

            “It looks better inside.” He reassured. “Just wait until-“

            “Mr. Bieber.” A woman smiled, propping the door open with her elbow. “That’s you, correct?”

            Our real estate agent ushered us inside from the cold and as soon as we were surrounded by warmth I realized Justin was right. The inside of the complex was nice. It wasn’t rich or anything, but it was nice. It had hardwood flooring with blood red walls, a gold chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

            “That’s me.” He smiled, reaching over to shake her hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

            Pushing her glasses up with her pointer finger, she glanced curiously at me for a second before she led us over to the elevators. It wasn’t one of those elevators where you were completely enclosed. It was one where you could see the walls around you as it carried you up or down. It scared the shit out of me.

            “And you are?”

            Her eyes flickered towards mine and before I could speak Justin went to speak for me.

            “My sister.” He said. “She’s helping me look at the place.”

            “I see. Well I assure you that you’ll love it here. It’s right in the heart of the city and it’s practically walking distance from anywhere you’d like to go.”

            When the elevator stopped it shook like crazy and I almost reached over to grab his hand but then I remembered I was supposed to be his sister. I’m not sure why he called me his sister but I’m sure he had a good reason for it.

            The apartment was nicer than I thought. It wasn’t big but it wasn’t too small. There was a small kitchen over in the right corner and the living room had a small couch with a TV placed directly in front of it. The walls were made of stone and the flooring was the same as the one in the lobby. We would have to decorate so we could make it our own but it was a cute little place. I can’t help but wonder how long we’ll be able to keep it though.

            “How much for utilities?” Justin asked.

            “One hundred a month. Since you don’t have a credit score yet you’re going to need to make a down payment as well. About a thousand.”

            The bile immediately rose into my throat.

            “Sure.” He replied as if it were nothing. “Of course.”

            While they talked about the details, I walked into the bedroom so I wouldn’t have to think about the money we were dropping. Well, that he was dropping. I didn’t have anything to contribute and I felt so bad but I’m going to start soon. I’m going to get a job regardless of what he’s saying. I know that we’ll make it work. I have faith in us.

            When I poked my head into the bathroom I smiled at the bathtub. It was big enough for the two of us and for a moment I started to get excited. As nerve wrecking as it was to be on our own, we had a chance to be away from everyone. We had the chance that we’ve always wanted and that chance was just for us to be together.

            “There you are.” Justin chuckled, closing the bathroom door behind him. “I didn’t know where you went.”

            “Yeah, sorry. I just wanted to look around some more. I really do like it here though. It’s beautiful.”

            Before I had the chance to open up a cabinet he spun me around and pulled me against his chest so he could kiss me. I was so in love with him. I’m crazy and insane for being in New York City with a boy who I’m not even married to yet but I wanted this so badly. He was who I wanted.

            “I love you Lyss.” He whispered. “I can’t wait to live here. Just you and I.”

            “Isn’t incest a bad thing?” I teased. “I don’t think you should kiss your sister…”

            Letting out a laugh, he rolled his eyes and pressed my back up against the door.

            “I had to say that because you aren’t eighteen yet.”

            “Oh. Okay.”

            He pulled away slightly and just ran his thumb down my jawline, stopping so he could brush his thumb against my lower lip. I swear my skin burned just from his touch.

            “So you like it?” He asked. “I can sign?”

            “It’s not up to me Justin. You’re the one that’s paying for it. You already know I’d go anywhere you go. If this is what you want then this where we’ll live.”

            “Lyss. You have just as much say as I do in this. I don’t care if it’s my money. Do you like it?”

            “Yes but-“

            “Then I’m signing.”

            Kissing me quickly once more, he opened up the door and left without another word. 

A/N:

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER. LET ME EXPLAIN. 

Okay okay so I know this isn't really the best excuse but I'm in school right now and it's been so hectic. Plus, I work 30 hours a week so when i'm not working I have to write essay's and stuff. I'm going to school to major in Creative Writing. So when I graduate I will be able to just write books for the rest of my life hahahahaha pretty cool stuff but yeah, i'm sorry. I'm trying to update as much as possible and I know it's horrible. The only reason why I update Just Friends and OHSOF so much is because those chapters are pre-written so all I have to do is update those. This one I actually have to sit down and write so it's a lot more challenging. I like to make these chapters as good as they possibly can be. I don't want to give you a sucky chapter. 

Please comment and let me know what you thought. Things are about to get very interesting...

Twitter: @ believeeexoxo

Instagram: @ drxwsdeanna