Chapter Thirty.

Chapter Thirty. 

             The morning came too soon and as I blinked my eyes open to try and adjust them to the light I realized her and I actually ended up sleeping here and thank god we were hidden behind the trees in this park because the early morning runners were out and about, their sneakers thudding against the gravel like no tomorrow. I almost wish I were in their shoes right now instead of my own. Maybe they were living the perfect life while mine on the other hand was basically ruined.

             But when Alyssa let out a little groan and clutched onto me tighter I realized my life wasn’t all that ruined. If it was completely ruined then she would have decided to stay with her father yesterday night but that wasn’t what she did. She came here with me because she loves me and I don’t know how I got so damn lucky to have such an incredible girl in my life but she chose me. Alyssa chose me and that’s something I will never understand. I’m selfish, I can be such an asshole at times, and I’m just worthless. I’m just a stupid teenager who gets the shit beaten out of him by his dad yet she still wanted me. She was still here clutching onto me for dear life and as I rubbed my fingertips up and down her side I just realized how difficult I made her life. She didn’t deserve any of this to be happening to her so why the hell did I do that last night? I should have just kept my mouth shut.

            “Baby…” I smiled, moving on top of her. “Hey, wake up.”
            Placing gentle kisses along her neck, she sighed and finally opened her eyes and for whatever reason that made my heart skip a beat. I’ve never woken up next to a girl before and if I can be honest I never really wanted to but Alyssa made everything so much different. She completely changed my perspective on everything and lying here with her in a park seemed way too good to be true. I thought I was dreaming.

            “mmm…” She laughed as I continued to kiss her. “I wouldn’t mind being woken up like this every day.”
            Then I rested my chin on her chest and looked up at her, moving my fingertips so I could brush them against her jawline. She may be younger than me but she really knew how to capture someone’s heart. She was the first girl capable of doing that to me.

            “God, you’re even more beautiful when you wake up Alyssa. I don’t know how that’s possible.”

            “Justin my hair is probably all over the place right now. Stop lying.”
            “I’m not lying Lyss. You look adorable.”

            She rolled her eyes and just looked up into the sky, the smile that was on her face being replaced with a look of confusion. It seemed like she was finally remembering what had happened yesterday and before I let her continue thinking about it I kissed her cheek.

            “I can’t believe we actually slept here.” She said in disbelief. “My parents are probably wondering where I am.”

            “Mine probably are too except the difference here is that I’m going to get the living shit beat out of me.”

            I probably shouldn’t have said that because she stopped talking and just continued to run her fingers through my hair looking deep in thought. My words were honest though. I was just speaking the truth and I know she doesn’t like the fact that it happens to me but I’m used to it.

            “Maybe we really should just run away.” She laughed. “It seems better than actually having to face our parents.”

            “Well I think we need to face them as much as we don’t want to and I just want to apologize Lyss for what I did. Last night it seemed like the right thing to do but it was the right thing to do for me and not for you. I wasn’t thinking about how you would feel about everything and I just made your life an even bigger living hell so I’m sorry. I mean that.”