Chapter Sixteen.

Chapter Sixteen. 

             The first thing I saw was his figure crouched down by the pond, his fingertips grazing across the rocks as the light from the street lamps shone over them. I assume he’s skipping rocks like he was a couple of weeks ago and for a moment I was considering watching him for a couple more seconds until he turned his head and sent me another one of his dazzling white smiles.

            “You came.” He said.

            Standing up from the grass, he walked closer to me until his body was inches from mine and extended his arms out so he could hold onto my waist. I don’t think I will ever understand this feeling he gives me but I never want it to ever go away.

            “Of course I did.” I replied, my breathing staggered. “Why wouldn’t I?”
            “I don’t know. I just thought you wouldn’t have the guts to do it.”

            I let out a huge breath that I was holding inside of me and looked away from him for a second to let reality sink in that I had actually done it. I’m not the type of child to sneak out and my parents know that – or well, thought that – so they just assumed I was sleeping. I haven’t been caught yet I guess so I might as well enjoy myself while I’m here.

            “It’s so beautiful here.” I noted. “The view is incredible.”

            Looking over at the pond, I saw the reflection of the moon in the water but soon felt his fingertips grasp my chin so he could turn me to look at him once more.

            “I could say the same.” He whispered. “Except the view is right in front of me.”

            Before I had the chance to think about how to respond he gently pressed his lips against mine and ran his hands down my back until they were placed on the middle of my spine.

            My mind wasn’t inside of my head at the moment. Everything was completely foggy and the only thing I could muster to feel right now was his tongue exploring every inch of my mouth but not in a disgusting way. It wasn’t like he was horny and was trying to throw himself on me; it was like he was showing me how much I meant to him or something. I’ve never felt anything like this before. I don’t know what it was but it was incredible.

            When he finally pulled away, he stared at me for the longest time and all I could do was just stare back. My breathing hitched when I saw how intense his gaze was so I tore my eyes back to the pond to get myself to calm down.

            “Don’t look away.” He said and turned my face to look at him again. “Why do you keep doing that?”
            “Because I don’t know why I’m feeling like this.” I responded shakily.

            “Is it a bad feeling?”

            “No.” I laughed. “The complete opposite.”

            I watched him tug on the sleeve of my sweater so I could be pressed up against him and fell onto the grass, my thighs straddling his waist. His fingertips inched up my legs until they rested on my hips and circled around the waistband of my jean shorts.

            “Let me touch you.” He whispered again, his eyes never leaving mine. “Let me make you feel good Lyss.”

            Sucking in a sharp breath when his fingers traveled to the middle of my stomach, I nodded my head to let him know it was okay and stayed silent when he rolled me onto my back so he was now hovering over me.