Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

December 14th, 2014.

11:46 P.M.

            The night of The Winter Ball was supposed to be the best night of my life. I was supposed to go to the dance with Taylor and have a magical and enchanting evening that made me feel like a princess instead of sitting in the middle of an empty parking lot, sobbing my eyes out.

 Life doesn’t make sense to me at times. The people in this world that constantly do good for others and make sure not to get in trouble get everything good in life while on the other hand, the ones that continuously put others down to try and better themselves and the ones who are selfish and self-loathing get the upper-hand. I will never understand why me, of all people, deserved to be treated like this. I honestly don’t.

I also am assuming everyone who’s listening to my sob story currently is utterly confused at the moment so let me take you back a couple hours.

December 14th, 2014.

6:34 P.M.

             Tonight was the night that was going to change everything for me. Taylor Reid was the date I never thought I’d get but I’m so glad he asked me. I still remember every detail of how he did. I was at my locker at school and he came up behind me and literally wrapped his arms around my waist and asked me quietly in my ear if I’d go with him. The way the words left his lips in such a seductive way was everything I thought it would be and more. I was in love with him. Well okay, maybe not in love with him, but in love with the thought of him.

 “Oh my god Alyssa, you look so beautiful.”

Glancing over to Kylie who was currently gawking at my dress, I shook my head at her because she honestly blew me out of the water I thought. Her dress was a dark ocean blue color that flared out at the hips from a tightly wrapped sequined bodice while mine on the other hand was a fully red sequined dress that wrapped around every curve I had. To be honest it looked better online than on me. I thought I looked like a whore in it.

“Are you joking?” I asked in disbelief and examined her braided up-do. “Kylie you look so gorgeous it’s not even funny.”

“Yeah well you know I would kill to have your body. If I didn’t have so much flipping fat on my stomach maybe I’d be able to wear a tight dress.”

“Stop.” I warned. “You look beautiful Kylie and you need to accept that. When you walk downstairs Brandon is going to be speechless.”

Taking one last look in the mirror, I fixed my hair, which was half up and half down, and tried to center my hairpiece again. My makeup was applied heavier than usual; I did a smoky eye, which I hardly ever do. I’ve never felt so nervous before in my entire life but I was just hoping that when Taylor saw me he’d approve.

“C’mon.” Kylie giggled and grabbed onto my arm. “We have to take pictures now or we’ll be late.”

I reluctantly followed her out and felt my heart drop when Justin was at the bottom of the staircase. He was dressed in a tux, looking more attractive than I’ve ever seen him. His hair was gelled back and his brown eyes were literally burning into my body, almost in shock even that I was wearing what I was.

Normally I wouldn’t mind him checking me out except he had his arm around the waist of another girl. She was wearing a black floor length gown with a one-shoulder flower strap and her long blonde hair fell down to the middle of her back. She was stunning and that made me so angry. I shouldn’t be feeling this way but maybe he should be focusing a little more on his date and a little less on me.