Chapter Thirty-Six.

Chapter Thirty-Six. 

        As soon as the door to the house opened I knew I was in trouble because my parents were seated firmly on the couch, no breakfast on the table, no music playing, no television going, just them sitting there with Kylie off to the side so only the ticking of the clock could be heard. It felt like my heart just jumped up into my throat or something and Brandon cleared his, awkwardly shutting the door behind him as he waited for his punishment as well for creating this plan in the first place.

            They still weren’t speaking to me and I didn’t know what to say to them. I was angry that I couldn’t have one good night and I was fuming because they wouldn’t let me see him. It’s like Romeo and Juliet all over again in real life and I just wish they could see how well he treats me and how happy he makes me. I wish they could be supportive of my relationship but after last night there’s nothing they can do to keep me from him and I know Justin said he didn’t want to get in the way of my relationship with my family but he was who I wanted to be with so regardless of what they have to say it’s not going to change anything.

            “Sit down.” My father said.

            Taking a seat onto the leather recliner, I placed my hands in my lap and carefully twisted around the bracelet Justin had given me on our one-month anniversary. I don’t think I’ve taken it off since then besides when I showered.

            “I cannot believe you disregarded our rules Alyssa. You have no idea how unbelievably disappointed your mother and I are in you.”

            “Tell me something new.” I scoffed.

            His eyes grew wide and Brandon gently hit me on the shoulder but at this point I didn’t even care. They over react to the dumbest things and me being with Justin isn’t a negative thing whatsoever. They’re the only negative thing in my life right now.

            “Young lady I don’t know what on earth has gotten into you but this needs to end.” My mother warned. “This is no way to treat the people that raised you.”

            “And keeping me away from the one thing that makes me happy isn’t a way to treat the person you raised.” I shot back. “This whole situation is completely unfair because first of all, you only don’t like him because of our age difference, which isn’t even that big, and I understand that he got into that fight with you dad but maybe if you had just given him a chance you could see how amazing he truly is. You said so yourself mom that he was a nice boy at the beginning of the year. What happened to that opinion? Did that just get completely thrown out the door because we’re dating?”

            “Alyssa you shouldn’t be involved with boys right now. What you need to be focused on is your schoolwork and college. That boy is only going to bring you down.”

            “And how would you know that!? You don’t even know him!”

            “Alyssa.” Brandon soothed. “It’s okay.”

            “No it’s not okay Brandon! I’m tired of them thinking they know what’s best for me and I’m tired of them controlling every single second of my damn life. I’m in control of my life and who I want in there is who I will have in there. I would understand if he was some drug dealer or some alcoholic but he’s just a teenage kid exactly like me! I don’t care if you don’t like him and I don’t care if you don’t approve of us being together because even with the restraining order we will still find a way to see each other. Go ahead, send the cops out, there’s no way in hell they’re ever going to find us.”