Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

            Monday was just as agonizing and torturous to me as the rest of the world viewed it. For some it’s the start of a long work week or for some it’s the start of a long school week but for me, it’s the start of a long Justin week.

            The past two weeks have been filled with nothing but prospective dates lurking around the corners, seeking to find out who they’d ask to the luxurious “Winter Ball”. As for me? I haven’t been asked yet but that should be no surprise considering I’ve never dated anyone before and the only person who shows the least bit of interest in dating me was Dallas. Let’s just say he’s the last person on earth I’d ever go to the Winter Ball with.

            I call it Justin week because he’s been flirtatious non-stop. Whether that be sending me a secret wink in the hallway or sending me cute texts to try and change my mind it was just frustrating. I am not going to be friends with benefits with him. I understand that maybe that’s how all of his relationships are and that he’s used to being the so called “player” type, but I’m not going to be the girl that I was the other night and give into him. It’s just a set up for heartbreak because I’m really into him and all he thinks of me as is a booty call. It’s not something easy to come to terms with, but it’s just the truth.

            “You’re looking lovely today Lyss.” Justin whispered in my ear as I took my books out for Chemistry.

            Maybe I failed to mention the fact that he makes daily stops at my locker when Brandon and the rest of the football team went out for Pizza. Justin should be going with them but since he failed a grade he had to stay in the resource room an extra period for help, which I found utterly hilarious although I’d never tell him that.

            “You’re being annoying today.” I mimicked back and shut my locker.

            I was all for trying to be friends with Justin but he needed to understand that being friends means just chilling and hanging out. No making out, no flirting, just a girl and a guy hanging around each other. The scenario in my head seemed like a perfect fantasy in a dream world I’d love to live in but in reality that just can’t happen.

            See, boys and girls can’t just be friends. I mean by all means, go ahead and try to fake that you are, but one of you will eventually fall for the other person. If you’re defending my opinion currently and think differently then it’s your friend that has fallen for you, they just haven’t let you know yet.

            If you put it into perspective and look at Justin and I then you will quickly realize that I am the one that has stupidly fallen for him and he is the one that just wants something from me. It’s a sad story that millions of teenagers have to tell. Different names with the same damn ending.

            “Shall I walk you to your class?” The same stupid grin that made me weak just at the sight of it spread across his face, his teeth so straight and white it was hard not to stare.

            “No you shall not.” I replied, taking my phone out to check for messages. I felt like a loner though when I didn’t have any and I could tell Justin noticed because he glanced at my phone and stifled a laugh.

            “I think you’re being stubborn.”

            “And I think you’re being a stalker.” I shot back.

            “Ouch.” He placed his hand over his heart as if he’d just been shot and started to laugh hysterically, making the corners of my mouth start to turn up.