Chapter Twenty-One.

Chapter Twenty-One. 

            As soon as my Chemistry class ended I was at my locker to get my lunch but checked my phone first to see if Kylie texted me back. She wasn’t in school today, which was unusual for her because she was basically like the teacher’s pet. Last year she came in even when she was vomiting with the flu so for her to not be here today it must be something serious.

            I was let down though when I stared at an empty screen until I felt a slight pinch to my ass, causing me to jump right out of my skin practically.

            “Justin!” I hissed. “Knock it off.”

            His shoulder leaned right up against the navy blue locker, his hand coming up to push his hair back and that stupid little smirk emerging onto his face. He was wearing nikes, a pair of grey sweatpants, a red crewneck sweater and a black beanie. The sight of him took all of my breath away it seemed like and I think he caught onto that because he tilted his head to the side and slowly licked his lips.

            “Hmm?” He trailed off. “I can’t pinch my girlfriend’s ass when it looks good?”

            “Not when anybody knows we’re dating.”

            Seeing him roll his eyes at me, he grabbed the brown paper bag out of my locker and started to walk down the hallway, me following right by his side. I loved the fact that our fingers continuously brushed against each other’s on purpose but not enough for other people to notice. I just love him although he doesn’t know it yet.

            “Do you have practice today?” I asked.

            “After school.” He replied. “I actually have something to ask you though before we get to the table.”

            He paused by the entrance to the cafeteria and licked his lip again but this time it wasn’t to make me sexually frustrated, it was because he was nervous. The only thing I could do was look at him in confusion and hope it wasn’t anything bad.

            “I um… well I just wanted to know if you wanted to come over for dinner. But I mean with my um, my parents.”

            “Your parents? Justin your mom hates me.”

            “No she doesn’t.” He said. “She said she wants to meet you and get to know you. She’s the one that told me to ask you.”

            “And your dad?”
            The amount of time it took for him to respond let me know his answer. I don’t think his dad knows he has a girlfriend and I’m almost certain that when he does find out that he’ll be anything but happy. I want Justin and I to continue our relationship but if I go to this dinner and his parents don’t approve of me will that make him change his mind? If he breaks up with me I don’t know how I’ll be able to handle myself.

            “I mean I guess?”

            “What do you mean you guess?” He shot back. “Jesus, if you don’t want to just say so.”

            “I’m not saying I don’t want to I’m just saying I don’t want them to hate me.”

            When he heard my real reason his expression immediately changed into more of an understanding one and he grabbed onto my hand but let it go as soon as he realized we were around other people.