54

Looks of horror plagued the room, as everyone took their turn staring at me like I had a dick drawn on my left cheek.

"Condom? What the fuck do you need a condom for?" That was Nicolas, who sounded rather hostile.

"You keep serving drinks, babe. I'll be down in two minutes. Condom, anybody?"

"Princess I know you thought the guy was cute and all that, but don't get crazy," Mateo whispered, probably to not look like a lunatic that speaks to himself.

"Shut it, stalker. I'm not insane, I'm not going to screw the man. I just need it as a...distraction."

Veronica looked a mixture of amused and confused, making her face look constipated. "And a condom is the best way to distract someone?"

I rolled my eyes, they couldn't trust me for a damn second. "Do you have it or not?"

She got up and sighed, "you're certifiably bat shit crazy."

"Thanks," I muttered.

She went over to the drawers on the desk and grabbed a bobby pin from her hair. She started picking the lock and it opened quickly. "These horny bastards are always ready," she rummaged through the big drawer and a smile spread across her lips as she stopped. "Jackpot," she held the silver packet like a trophy, and handed it to me.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do," she scolded.

I nodded and gave her my sweetest smile, "so I don't fuck the guy?"

She smiled and patted my cheek, "bingo, baby. Go get it."

I weaved my fingers through my hair, trying to give it some volume. "Give me some lip balm, Vee."

She raised an eyebrow, "don't you mean lipstick? Or at least lip gloss?"

I shook my head, "did I stutter, bitch? I said lip balm. I can't have a made up face while looking like a hobo."

She smiled and handed me her lip balm, "you're a miracle worker."

"No, just a hormone waker."

I turned to Ash, who had grabbed my wrist and tugged lightly. "What?" I asked.

"Be careful...please."

I smirked, "that's why I got protection."

His eyes widened for a fraction of a second before his face turned serious. "This isn't a game, Tas."

I rolled my eyes, "come on. This is a milk run for me."

"Be careful," he repeated.

"I will," I replied, when I saw the worry in his eyes.

"Kick his ass," he smiled, rubbing his thumb on my wrist.

"Watch and learn." I blew him a kiss and turned around.

Just as I headed for the door, Grace came in. Her cheeks were red and wet, her eyes puffy. I would have stayed to help, but I had something more important to do.

I reached the bottom quickly, and walked the other way, heading for the kitchen entrance. I did a whole turn, making my way to enter through the door behind the bar. The one for the bartenders.

"Nicolas, I'm a bartender. I'm early." That's all I was able to say before I reached the doorway. I didn't have to say more, he was smart.

I made my way in and ran my fingers through my hair, making it flow in a way certain to attract attention. I grabbed one of the aprons on the side and tied it around my waist, while grabbing a notepad and pen. I could feel eyes on me already. More than one pair.