17

Nicolas went to the duffle and took out a knife, then set it back on top of the bag. I felt a gasp escape my mouth. I'll die if he hurts Jacob.

"I bet Angelo sent you, didn't he?" I could hear the anger in his words, mixing with the cynical tone that made him sound terrifying.

Jacob furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head.

"I don't know who you are talking about."

Nicolas let out a humorless laugh, "I bet you don't."

"I swear man, I have no idea what you mean." Jacob sounded frustrated and a little bit scared.

Nicolas walked over to the duffle and picked up the knife. He walked over to Jacob and dragged the knife around his shoulders. Jacob didn't dare move, he was pale and visibly fearful. Nicolas grabbed his hair and yanked his head back, then placed the knife right below his Adams apple. Jacob took in a sharp breath and looked at the knife, not wanting to die in the very instant.

I watched the scene unfold, not wanting to say anything. But the second Nicolas hurt Jacob, he'll have to face me. Everyone else looked calm, bored even. Like the have done this a bunch of times.

"I'll ask you one more time. Did Angelo send you?" A sadistic smirk formed on Nicolas' face, making him look frightening. I wanted nothing with the person I was looking at.

Jacob closed his eyes shut and tried to breath without putting more pressure on the knife.

"I'm serious, Nicolas. I have no idea who that is."

Nicolas rolled his eyes in disappointment and pressed the knife a little harder drawing a few drops of blood. Jacob winced and I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand as I felt my eyes beginning to water.

"Why did you join the Rattle Snakes?" His voice sounded irritated and angry.

Jacob looked down, as if embarrassed.

"I don't know, I was being stupid man. My parents are never home, I'm sick of being by myself and when Ana's parents died I knew I didn't want to be left alone anymore. I joined them to look for refuge, nothing more I promise. I don't know who Angelo is."

Nicolas gave him his back and faced the glass, he nodded and turned back around.

"Pathetic little shit aren't you?" He spat, making me ball my fists.

Fuck him, he doesn't even know Jacob.

Jacob looked him in the eye, and shrugged.

"Are you a full member yet?" Nicolas asked, taking out a hammer.

Jacob stayed quiet, and Nicolas began tapping his foot. When Jacob didn't answer, Nicolas swung a punch his way, landing straight in his nose, making it bleed nonstop.

"No! The tattoo is temporary. They said when I become a full member I'll have to get a real one." He began, trying to talk fast, as if that were to calm Nicolas.

Nicolas nodded and circled Jacob like a tiger stalking its prey, "are you planning on hurting Anastasia?"

Jacobs eyes widened and he started shaking his head forcefully, "no! I would never hurt her, she's my family. Why would you ask that?"

I felt a flush of relief wash over me. But I knew everyone didn't feel it, meaning this wasn't over.

"Well..." Nicolas sang cynically, "the Rattle Snakes want to hurt her, so..."

I could tell Jacob was on edge, his chest was moving rapidly and he was white as snow.

BAM!

I jumped at the sound of the hammer hitting the metal chair. Jacob let out a soft scream making Nicolas laugh.