22

"Shut up or they'll hear us." I whispered.

He got closer to me and smirked, "that's the plan."

I giggled, "if the plan is to get murdered by my father then sure that's the plan."

His grip on my hips tightened, "worth the risk."

I smiled, "damn straight."

It's been almost two weeks since he kissed me by my locker and ever since we've done nothing but find ways to separate ourselves from everyone for our little forbidden make out sessions. It was a dream, I was having a great time with him. Everyone seemed to be good and everything was alright.

Jacob had started his work with Lorenzo and everything seemed to be going well. Lorenzo has gotten used to him and he turned out to be great at whatever Lorenzo had him doing.

Speaking of, Lorenzo had set up a bank account for me to put all my money inside. The bank was his property so anything that looked suspicious was covered up. We had gone on three more jobs over the course of the week, so I have about fifteen thousand in my account. The hype of Lady Devil has grown and I am getting my own personal landline soon. It's all happening so fast, but I feel like I can handle it. I'm finally getting used to how everything is going, like I've done it my whole life. It feels right, like I was made to do this. I realize how wicked that sounds but that is how it feels.

Nicolas pulled away and left me smiling like an idiot, his kisses were like magic, as cheesy as it sounds.

"You taste good," he said into my ear, sending delicious chills down my spine.

"I couldn't quite taste you," I said with a smirk. "Maybe if we try again."

His smirk formed and he met his lips with mine once again. We had been kissing for maybe five minutes before I heard a knock on the door. I threw him off me, almost making him fall to the floor. Luckily, he fell on his feet and quickly put on his shirt.

"Who is it?" I asked, faking a tired voice.

"It's Veronica, can I come in?"

My heart stopped at those words. I went pale and I could tell Nicolas was scared too. I reached for my bra, and quickly put it on.

"Where do I go?" He whispered.

"The bathroom, and close the door."

He tip toed to the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

"Yeah, come on in." I shouted. I sat up and greeted Vee with a smile.

"Good morning, or should I say afternoon?" She said teasingly.

My eyes widened, "What time is it?"

"It's twelve thirty hun, you had quite the sleep." She joked.

I laughed. "You need something?"

"I need your help."

I quirked an eyebrow, "with?"

"Lorenzo and Gio are arguing in the office and I need you to shut them up." From her tone, I could tell there was way more to the story than she was letting on.

"What makes you think I can help?"

She smiled, "well that's the thing you see. They are arguing about you"

I frowned, she was being very suss about this whole thing. Like she wanted me to agree to something without knowing.

"Why?" I asked, trying to get something out of her.

She shrugged innocently, "I don't really know. Something about a job Lorenzo doesn't want you to do, but Gio thinks it will help."

I could tell she was lying, she was a terrible liar. But I nodded anyways, acting like I bought her act.