13

**TW: There is a scene that has the theme of suicide in it. Please be mindful.

**

I jumped at the sound of a loud roar. It took me a few seconds to realize I was inside the plane.

"Are we going up?" I asked while rubbing my eyes.

Aurora laughed, "baby we are landing."

My eyes widened and I looked out the window instinctively, we were coming back down.

"Someone had a long night," Veronica joked.

I gave her a dirty look unintentionally, "how could I not?"

She stopped laughing and looked down. I felt a small amount of guilt at making her feel bad. I didn't want to take my anger out on her, but I was too tired to say sorry.

Truth is, I've started having nightmares. They started like four days ago and sleeping has become a problem. I drift off to sleep but wake up in the middle of the night or something because of the same nightmare. This is the first time I got some sleep, and it was because I went to bed so late.

"How did I get here?" I asked, still alarmed because of the loud noise.

"We tried to wake you up but you were knocked out completely. So Lorenzo had to carry you here and you've slept through the whole flight."

Oh wow. Well that's an accomplishment.

+++++

We stood in front of a beautiful house, it was dark brown and gave off mystical and mysterious vibes. Immediately I loved it. It had a gate like the one back in Sicily, it was big and black and it looked like it surrounded the entire property. There was a big walkway but no garden, just a tree on each side.

This rich life was going to take getting used to.

"You like it?"

I jumped at Lorenzo's question.

"Oh sorry," he chuckled.

I shook my head and laughed.

"I love it." I said.

I could see his grin from my peripheral vision, which made me smile a little to myself.

"Let's go inside."

He didn't have to tell me twice.

I won't even go into detail about the inside. Just imagine it being astonishing, because it was.

Lorenzo led me to my room and I unpacked my stuff.

There was no staff in this house. He said it was for precaution, the less people know about where we are, the better.

He brought his handy dandy duo, Armando and Elijah with us and they were stationed inside the house. There was high tech, unhackable crazy surveillance everywhere around the house. He had installed a lot of alarms, to which he only gave the code to family and the duo. It felt like we were living in a max security prison, but I wasn't really in a position to complain. He has said plenty of times that he installed it solely to protect us.

I put my stuff in the closet. No walk-in closet this time, which I found myself being bummed out about. I still had a bathroom inside the room which was really good, I can't imagine sharing with so many people.

I went to the living room and saw Jason and Elena talking with Lorenzo and Aurora. I didn't want to intrude so I made made my way to the kitchen as softly as possible.