Chapter thirty six - Buildings.

John hadn't slept at all last night. We all reported Mary missing to the police, and they said they would do their best to find her. Sherlock is out doing something; I'm not entirely sure what. John had came to 221B for the night. He stayed on his old arm chair, holding Amelia as she slept still in his arms.

He came home yesterday and noticed his front door was wide open. He could hear Amelia's cries from outside, so he immediately ran inside to find Mary, but she wasn't there. He could only find Amelia who was crying in her cot. 

I tried to make him feel better. I offered to look Amelia while he rested, but he didn't want to sleep. And I tried making him lunch, but he didn't want to eat.

I sighed, ignoring the TV that was on the background and stared out the window, completely lost in my own thoughts. I hear the door open and nails click on the wooden floor. I turn my head, and Chester runs straight towards me.

"I love walkin' him." Billy starts, sitting down on the couch next to me and un-clipping Chester's lead, "I understand why you can't at the moment, because you're busy. But heck- some gurl started talkin' to me today, said she loved how cute Chester was. Gave me her number."

"Nice." I mumbled, stroking Chester as he wagged his tail. I considered giving Chester to another family, because I couldn't give him the love and affection as much as I used to. I was grateful that Billy loved to walk him, otherwise I would feel ashamed for not letting Chester out once in a while.

Maybe if Billy ever moved out then I could let him take Chester with him?

I smile slightly and scratched behind Chester's ear, then under his chin. The door opens again, and Sherlock walks in at his normal pace. Chester leaves me and trots over to Sherlock to welcome him, but Sherlock ignores him.

"Move away." He mutters to him. Chester still seemed as happy as ever, and John sat up, hope in his eyes.

"Found anything?" 

I glance down towards Amelia in her rocking chair, she was sleeping softly and her chest raised up and fell as she breathed in the cool air. 

"I found this," Sherlock simply says, passing a piece of paper to John. The paper looked like it was torn from a notebook, and John grasps the paper and reads it, confused.

"What is it?"

"You know how smart Mary is, and I think she wrote down the location of where she was going."

"How did she possibly have time to write a lactation down? How does she even know the location?" I question, furrowing my eyes. Sherlock shrugs slightly.

"I don't know. But I found it in her room and her bedroom window was open slightly. She could have heard the kidnappers go through their plan."

"But it just say's St Barts Hospital." John raises the note, "She's in the hospital?"

"Of course not." Sherlock turns to Billy, "I need you to go out and ask any of the homeless network if they've seen anyone enter these particular buildings." Sherlock gives Billy a list of building, and Bill nods, leaving as soon as he was given the list. John groans.

"Will you please just tell us what's going on? Why are we making Bill go look for buildings when we could just go and investigate and see if anyone is hiding in the buildings for ourselves?"

"Because, John, that would take ages. This is fast, and more efficient. All these photo's that were taken are all taken from the same direction, the direction of the Hospital. Mary knows that she's been taken near Bart's Hospital, and the pictures are proof that she's been taken near there. We just need to know exactly what building she's in."

"But Bill could get killed if the kidnappers see him walking into any of the buildings."

"He won't walk into the buildings." Sherlock snapped, irritated, "This is the only lead we've got. You're going to have to trust me."