Chapter twenty - Embarrassment.

It was finally the day. I looked in the mirror, I didn't look half bad. Mrs Hudson had helped me curl my hair, I had light make up on, and a lovely blue dress on that matched my eyes. The dress wasn't too light or too dark, and it wasn't to puffy or too long- I would be able to run in it if necessary. I had matching blue heels (Although I hated wearing them.) And I also had a blue mask that just covered the area around my eyes. I decided to put the mask on when I got there.

I hear a knock at the door and a familiar 'oh-ooh.'

"I'm dressed, you can come in." I say, already feeling self conscious about myself. Will people think it's too much? Do I look bad? 

Mrs Hudson walks in and gasps when she see's me. I give her an awkward smile, and she covers her mouth with her hands, "Oh, sweetie..."

"...What? Is it bad?"

"Heavens no! You look absolutely stunning!" She removes her hands and approach's me, placing her hand on my arm, "I'm speechless."

I chuckle, not knowing what to say. 

"I wish I was young again, I loved dressing up and going to parties, and seeing men and drinking alcohol. Oh, those were the times."

"Uh, okay," I say awkwardly, and look towards the door to change the subject, "Thank you so much, should we be going now?"

"It's not a problem dear, just watch out for those men! I always had my friends to protect me, this one time a man came up towards me and asked-"

"There here!" We hear Billy shout out to us, cutting Mrs Hudson off. I smile at her, and leave my room to see Mary and John. Sherlock's parents arrived here an hour ago, they would look after Amelia in our flat as it would be easier for Mary and John to pick her up and take her home after.

Sherlock looked, well, I didn't know how to describe it. He was wearing a suit, and was holding a black mask in his hands that matched his suit. He looked really frickin' sexy.

"Shit, I knew it would look wonderful. I told you!" Mary say's as she see's me first. She grin's, walks up to me and hugs me, which causes everyone to stare at us both. Mary was wearing a beautiful red dress, as she wanted. I told her she looked beautiful, and she thanks me.

After Mary hugs me, Sherlock's mom comes up to me and wraps her arms around me too, "You look beautiful darling."

After she hug's me, John quickly hugs me. I smile, showing everyone I was happy. Seem's like I'm getting a lot of hugs this evening.

"You look lovely." John comments, then lets me go. He then picks up Amelia and carefully places her in Sherlock's moms arms.

"Awh, bless. She's beautiful John, it's been a while since I've nursed a child."

John smiles at her.

"I mean," She coughs, and her voice goes quieter, but I mange to hear as I was stood close, "I may get lucky in the future as Sherlock's finally dating someone- for real this time, no joking about."

My face goes pale with embarrassment, and Sherlock's mom laughs at me.

"Mary confirmed it to us, i'm so happy you're with him. He finds it hard to make friends, never mind a girlfriend."

"What?" Sherlock question's, over hearing his mother, "What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing important." She smirks and chuckles, still cradling Amelia. Sherlock still looks unconvinced, and John starts to laugh. 

"Hurry up, you're going to be late!" Mrs Hudson starts, "I'll stay with Billy and the others," She faces Sherlock's parents, "I'm always here if you need anything, I've been told I make excellent cup of tea's!"

"Taxi's here, lets go." Mary begins again, then goes up to Amelia and say's goodbye before kissing her forehead. I say goodbye to everyone, including Chester, then the four of us then go into the taxi, me, John and Mary in the back and Sherlock in the front with the taxi driver. He gives the driver the address, and then we're on our way.