Chapter twenty two - Oh crap.

I yawned, already feeling tired. I hadn't been out for long but I was tired as hell. I felt like a douche for leaving early, especially on a case. But we didn't have much to go on anyway, I trusted Sherlock to find the guy but I doubted it would be tonight. 

"You okay?" Erin asked, breaking the long silence. I wasn't sure why I hadn't met him before the child abductor case, I think he was assigned after Lestrade knew Sherlock wouldn't be joining us on cases for a while.

I nod, "Yeah," I mumbled, feeling tired still, "Why are you going home early?"

"My sister texted me that she finishes work early, so I'll need to pick her up soon."

I chuckled, "And you just gave up on looking for this killer to pick your sister up from work?"

"Course I did," He gives me a goofy smile. I laugh, then continue to look out the window, "So, um... I saw you and Sherlock having an argument," He starts, "Everything alright between you two?"

"Yeah." I nod, still looking out the window.

"Look, I know we haven't really gotten the chance to know each other, but what you did on the child abductor case was brilliant- and you were brave enough to come today even though something bad could happen. I admire you, and you're an alright person."

"Oh, thanks." I say sarcastically. He chuckles, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"But seriously, I'm always here if you need me." He finally says. I look at him and smile.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He turns the corner towards Baker Street, and slows the car down as he pulls up next to the flat I live in, "This it?"

"Yep." I nod. He parks the car up against the gutter. The lights were on as Bill and Sherlock's parents were still in there. The side of my lips tug up slightly into a smile as I go to step out the car, but a voice stops me.

"Wait."

I turn my head around to look at him, waiting for him to carry on.

"Um..." He becomes nervous, and I stare at him questionably. "Sorry." He lets out a nervous chuckle. I shut the car door, knowing he probably has something important to say. If he say's he was always there for me, I would be there for him as well.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," He reassures, "...You look really beautiful tonight."

I smile sweetly at him, "Thanks, Erin."

"And I really need to do this otherwise I'll burst." He adds, and before I could respond he presses his lips to mine. It's not a rough kiss, it was a kiss that felt like he actually cared for me- but I never kissed back.

I pull my face back, and he pulls away slowly in embarrassment. It's awkward, and he's silent in shame.

"You're a nice guy..." I begin, trying to be polite, "...But I love Sherlock."

And it was true. Sherlock was a pain, and was sometimes annoying as hell, but I loved him. Out of all the men I could be with, Erin including one of them, I choose Sherlock. And I always will, because I love him, despite how much of an arsehole he could be. I love him.

"I know," Erin slowly nods his head, feeling embarrassed, "I'm sorry- I don't know what I was thinking, I just really like you-"

"Chill out," I cut him of, chuckling, trying to make it less awkward, "It's okay. We all have crushes, but I love Sherlock. I'm sorry..."

"No, It's alright." He tells me, giving me a smile. I give him a smile back, and open the car door before stepping out. He pulls the window down and slightly sticks his head out to talk to me, "I'll let you know If we find anything about the predator. Be careful, alright?"

"Okay." I agree, "Night." I give him a small wave, and he smiles before driving off. After he's gone, I turn around to go back into 221B. I look up towards the window where I saw the light shining through, and see Bill staring at me.

Oh crap.