Chapter twenty one - Over dramatic.

After an half an hours drive we had finally arrived. There were men and woman standing outside the party, all wearing masks. I wasn't sure if any of these men could be the guy were after, but Sherlock didn't seem to care about keeping an eye on any of them, and I trusted him enough to believe him when he thought the predator wasn't with any of these men. He had probably already deduced them out, so there could be no way one of these men is the preditor.

"So now what?" John asks, stepping away from the taxi as he drove off. 

"We blend in. Keep on eye out, we're looking for a tall, pale man who's flirty."

"That could be anyone." Mary starts. 

"Just keep an eye out for anyone man like that, doesn't matter If they're loads. We find them all."

John sighs, and hold's Mary's hand, "Let's go in then."

John and Mary start walking into the building. I put my mask on, followed by Sherlock. He leans his arm out, and I smile and hook my arm with his, "I guess you're glad dancing finally came up in a case."

I didn't look at him as we were both staring ahead as we walked into the building, but I knew he was smiling. When we got in there was a bar on the left, and a huge dancing area where people danced to soft music in sync, all wearing masks. The walls were cream, and there was a couple chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Partners and friends were sitting down at tables drinking champagne. The whole place was beautiful and posh and expensive, I felt like someone like me shouldn't be here.

I felt Sherlock's arm stiffen, and turn to look at him in confusion. He was looking over to the bar, "What's he doing here?"

My arm leaves his as he storms off towards the bar. Me, John and Mary follow him in curiosity.

"Lestrade, why are you here?!" Sherlock spits. I look at the men in suits and see that one of them, beside the mask covering his face, was Lestrade. I looked at the other three people that accompanied him, and try to unmask them. The woman with frizzy black hair was easy to find out; Donovan. Then the other one was Erin, and the last man was Mike- an investigator and a good friend of Lestrade's.

"John told me you'll be here." Lestrade say's, and I hear John sigh behind me. 

"John!" Sherlock groans. John raises his hands in defense.

"It just slipped out, I thought you had already told him!"

"Everyone chill out, we're here now and there is no changing that," Erin begins, "Now, blend in, drink, dance, talk. Holly, will you do me the honor?" Erin asks me friendly, holding out his hand. I looked at everyone confused, especially Sherlock to make sure if he had calmed down.

"Erm, okay." I agree, taking Erin's hand as he leads me towards the dance floor. I look back again awkwardly, and see that Sherlock still look's pissed off. He gives Erin a dirty look in annoyance, then slowly turns back around to Lestrade.

"So," Erin starts, interlocking our fingers and putting his other hand on my waist. I put my other hand on his shoulder as we begin to dance, "Sherlock is finally back on cases, huh?"

"Only the one I think."

"Never really met the guy before, he seems alright. A bit stupid."

I let out a laugh, "Stupid?"

"He came to look for this guy with no police back up. This is our case after all, not his."

"True, but he's not stupid. At human nature- yes, he is. But at work he's not really as modest when it comes to intelligence."