Chapter fifteen - Babysitting.

"Okay so she doesn't normally sleep until ten at night, she takes a nap at about two in the after noon, she doesn't cry as much now, and she loves it when you sing-"

"Mary, they've got this." John cuts her off, plopping a bag full of Amelia's stuff on the kitchen table, "We won't be long, we're just going out for dinner then we'll pick her up tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for doing this."

"It's alright." I smile at him, holding Amelia safely in my arms as Mary passes me her.

"Why have a child if you're going to make us look after her?"

"It's only for the night, Sherlock." John sighs.

"They need some time together, alone." I start.

"Right, make sure to not accidentally put another fetus in Mary's womb, John."

I burst out lauging while Mary chuckle's and John stands there embarrassed. Sherlock didn't really know what was so funny as he didn't really mean it as a joke, but I laughed nonetheless.

"Well, that's our cue to go." John says, still looking embarrassed, "Come on Mary."

"Bye little princess, you be good for auntie Holly and uncle Sherlock okay?" She says in a baby voice. She kisses Amelia's forehead then walks over to the door with John.

"Uncle Sherlock-"

"Look after her please." John cuts Sherlock off, and he probably knew I'll be fine with Amelia. It's how Sherlock would behave around her is what everyone is worrying about. Sherlock isn't stupid, he knows how to act when theres a baby around, but he could still possibly smoke and do experiments around her which is what everyone was worried about. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye." I smile and give a little wave with my free hand. Mary says her goodbyes, then they're gone. Amelia was asleep at the moment so I decided to put her in her carrycot. It was currently nine pm, so I would have to wake her soon if she doesn't wake up herself so she could sleep through the night.

"Why did Mary call me uncle Sherlock? Im not related to her nor John."

"It's just a saying, chill out." I chuckle. Sherlock look's down at Amelia, "Do you want to hold her?"

"No." He says, then goes into the kitchen.

"Fine, no experiments though."

Sherlock rolls his eyes. He was probably thinking about how boring it would be to have a child around, since he couldn't do experiments or smoke or shoot the wall. He grabs his coffee from earlier then sits back down on his arm chair. I sigh, pick Amelia back up and walk over to Sherlock then sit on the arm of his armchair. 

"Sherlock just hold her."

"No."

"Why? You're not going to drop her, she's not going to wet her nappy while you hold her or start crying- She's asleep."

He's silent as he looks down at her. He opens his mouth to say something but then closes it again. Finally, he looks back up to me, and speaks honestly, "I don't know how to hold her."

"You could have just said." I say, reaching down to put Amelia in his arms before he could react. He freezers, and stares at me with daggers.

"I can't-"

"Stop being a baby, of course you can. It's easy, look," I start to move Sherlock's arms to adjust Amelia in them. I stop when he's holding her correctly and when Amelia looks comfortable, "See."

He silent again, looking down at Amelia. I decide to leave them alone for a while, since Sherlock was most likely embarrassed to admit he didn't know how to hold a child, plus he most likely feels awkward with me watching over him like some hawk, so I decided to go into the kitchen and make myself a cup of tea.

After that, I walk into the living room and see Sherlock is still holding Amelia. I think he was talking to her before he noticed I was walking into the room, but I chose to ignore it and put my cup of tea on the coffee table then went into my room and got changed out of my clothes, putting on a comfortable pair of joggers and a white shirt.

When I got changed I went back into the living room and sat down, drinking my tea. I wasn't sure what else to do to make Sherlock alone with Amelia so I started to pretend I wasn't in the room.

It was peacefully quiet until Bill came barging into the room with Chester. He shuts the door behind him with a bang which made Amelia stir but she didn't wake up. I give Bill a death glare.

"What? I only walked Chester."

"You could be a little quieter." I said, nodding my head towards Amelia. He see's and lets out a little 'oh', and Sherlock stands up and walks over to me.

"Take her."

"Okay?" I take her out of his arms as she woke up. She pulls sour faces that made me believe she was going to start crying, but she doesn't. Chester comes up to see who she was, but he wasn't that jealous or bothered about her being here. 

"Oh, look, Shrek!" Bill says in delight, clicking okay on the TV remote to watch it, "Did you know Shrek came out thirteen years ago?"

"I didn't know Shrek was gay."

Me and Bill look towards the kitchen where Sherlock was. We stare at him for a second or two, then start to laugh.

"What did I say?"

"Nothing, It doesn't matter." I chuckle, starting to calm down. Its so strange how he was literally the smartest man I know but he doesn't even undersand anything about human nature. Everything had to be clever otherwise he wouldn't undersrand. 

Sherlock furrows his eyebrows at us, but ignores our laughs and carry's doing whatever he was doing in the kitchen. He stays in there for a while, then comes into the living room to watch Shrek with me and Bill. It begins to get late, so I put Amelia in her carrycot again and grab her bottle and milk powder of the side. I feed Amelia her last drink of the night before holding her until she falls asleep. When she does it's about half ten, and I could hear the snoring of Bill as he fell asleep on the couch.

"You're pretty good at that." 

I look up and see that the voice belonged to Sherlock's, "At what?"

"The baby thingy. Looking after her."

"Well, I only fed her a few times and held her. It's no big deal."

"Hmm. Well, some guy called Robert wants to see me tomorrow, he work's as a security guard and is in charge of CCTV. Said he's got something interesting to show me."

"Cool, can I come?"

"Course." He agrees, and gives Bill a strange look when he suddenly snores really loudly. "Er," He gives Bill another strange look then faces me again, "Night then."

"Night."