Chapter forty one - Billy's gal.

I read through another page eagerly, reading a book that hadn't been touched in, well, probably years. I found it on a shelf and it was covered in dust, so decided to bring it out and read it. I wasn't sure why no one bothered to pick it up- it was a really good story.

A piece of hair fell out of my messy bun, so I tucked it behind my ear. I would occasionally chuckle, and sometimes a small gasp would escape my lips as I read the old, devine book. But apart from that, for the past few hours the flat had been lingering in silence. 

The tranquillity of the silence soon ended as the sound of someone opening the front door downstairs could be heard. I hear a high pitched giggling, and a guy chuckling over her. I furrow my eyebrows and turn my head towards the door before Bill and a blond girl walked through the door with Chester.

The giggling almost stops when they see me. Billy stares at me awkwardly before speaking up, still holding Chesters lead in his hand, "Er, this is Daisy."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." She smiles, stepping forward and holding out her hand for me to shake. I just stare at it, feeling too lazy to actually reach my hand out to connect it with hers. Sherlock's influence must we wearing off on me, because if she introduced herself to me before I even met Sherlock then I would have been polite and smiled back, and even shook her hand. 

But I don't. I just stare at her hand, unwilling to be nice to her. I didn't really want to be nice to any stranger that walked into our flat again.

She pulls her hand back by her side, lumberingly. Billy chuckles awkwardly and turns to face her.

"Don't worry sweetheart, she's not normally like this. She's just going through a rough breakup," He starts, and I raise my eyebrow, staring at him with amusement, "She's a really nice lass when ya get to know her."

"I- uh, I better get going." She plasters a smile, then crouches down to stroke Chester. He wags his tail in reply and starts to lick her face. "You be a good boy for daddy, okay? I'll see you soon," She smiles as she fusses Chester, talking to him in a baby like voice, "Yes I will, yes I will!"

I put my book marker on the page I was on and close the book, placing it on the table next to me. She stands up and then smiles at Bill.

"I'll call you, okay? Maybe we can meet and walk Chester again?"

"I'd love that." Billy grins, and she smiles at him again, before turning to face me.

"It was nice meeting you...?"

"Holly." I confirm.

"Ah," She lets out a chuckle, "Right, bye Wiggy." 

Billy stares at her as she leaves, not wiping the grin of his face. Once we hear the noise of the door shutting downstairs he turns to face me. "She's great, right?"

"'Be a good boy for daddy?'" I quote her words, staring at him confusingly.

"She really loves animals."

"So you told her that Chester was your dog and now she fallen head over heels with you?"

"She doesn't just like me because of Chester!" He explains, un-clipping Chester's lead of his collar. He runs straight over to me and jumps onto his two back legs, supporting himself by resting his two front paws on my stomach. I smile and scratch behind his ear, and he bobs his tong out happily.

"Whatever, be careful, alright? She could be associated with Moriarty."

"Not everyone is bad." 

"That's what I thought." I mumbled. Chester jumped back down and I headed towards the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of pure orange juice. Chester went over to his water bowl and had a drink, and Billy jumped onto the couch.

"So, I was thinkin' that maybe after you could go out and buy some sweets?"

I took a sip of my drink before placing it down on the counter, sending him a look. "And why would I do that?"

"Well, it's Halloween tomorrow, isn't it? The sweets are for the trick or treaters."

I had completely forgotten about Halloween. I didn't normally celebrate Halloween as much anyway, but I think taking part would actually be nice for a change. I mean, what happened to the days when kids could go out and get buckets full of sweets and chocolate? When I was a kid I used to love it, and almost everyone used to take part and answer their doors. But now people don't answer their doors to the kids and put signs up on their windows reading 'No Trick or Treaters!'. And then sometimes they complain when teenagers came and knocked on their doors. I wasn't sure why, Halloween isn't just for kids. But I figured I would take part this time and offer some sugary foods to the trick or treaters. It seemed like a nice thing to do, and recently I felt myself becoming more mean by the second.

Listen to me, I'm starting to sound like Mrs Hudson.

But I swear to god if some teenager say's 'twerk or treat' I'm going to find the most disgusting pair of socks Billy owns and fill it up with lolly pops before lobbing it at their faces. And I will regret nothing. 

"Okay then." I quickly drink the rest of my drink and put the empty glass in the sink before walking out of the kitchen and walking near the door, grabbing my black vans and slipping then on. As soon as I open the door my body crashes with another's. I look up at the tall figure immediately and see that it was Sherlock. I furrow my eyes.

He looked drained

"Are you okay?" I inquire, staring at him with worry. He nods, gently pushing me aside and walking towards his room.

"What's wrong with him?" Billy asks, staring at Sherlock as he shuts his bedroom door behind him. I shrug, not really wanting to explain everything to Bill. I knew nothing good would have came from seeing Moriarty, and I wanted to comfort Sherlock, but I also knew when he wanted to be alone. Giving him some time would be best for him.

I close the door behind me and trot down the stairs, walking outside into the cool, autumn air and making my way towards the shop.

AN: I recorded a little Halloween video. Please subscribe, like and share as it would mean sooo much to me! I love creating videos and for you lovely people to watch them honestly means so much to me :) ew ew im being cheesy eufGH bye.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!