Chapter three - The Castillos.

AN: This one case is based of Elementary, but I will be adding my own chapters soon to relate it to Moriarty. 

Enjoy.

~

Its been about an hour and a half since I left the flat. I went to Lestrade's office for half an hour, him discussing to me what happened so far. Apparently the child was taken from her room, where her shoes were left. It was difficult to say if the man that had took her is the child abductor we're looking for, but we're pretty sure it's the same guy as a pair of her black boots were left on her bedroom floor when they should be downstairs.

I was now nearing to the child's home. Me, Lestrade, Donovan and another police man were walking up towards the entrance, walking past the other officers as they scattered across the area looking for evidence and asking neighbours if they had saw anything. Other officers were also in the house with the parents. This time, John is looking after his pregnant wife and Sherlock isn't allowed here. It made me realise how crap my deduction skills really were, or maybe they just rise to the surface when Sherlock is around. Either way I'm doomed.

"The girl's bedroom is in the back. The abductor forced the lock on her window around 9:30 last night and then took her." Lestrade reports, pulling his black leather gloves off his hands. Another police officer standing behind him begin's to open his mouth, and say's-

"Her mum was at work at the time, and her Dad went to the Bodegas shop on the corner to get some wine around 9:45."

We continue to walk towards the house, but I come to an halt when I walked past some slick, fake leaves on the arch outside the house. I noticed something odd, although I wasn't sure if i was right. I really with Sherlock was here, "That's freshly broken. By the girl, presumably, grabbing onto it as she was taken away?"

"Thats good then. She's a fighter." Lestrade responds, nodding his head slightly. Donavan then gives me a strange look, but I decided to ignore it and reply to Lestrade's comment instead.

"If little girls could actually win fights against grown men, then, yeah, it would be a cause for great optimism."

"Jesus, you're just like him." Donavan says, shaking her head softly as she looks at me with amusment. Despite everything, I let out a chuckle.

"Not really, I'm actually quite helpless at observations in these situations. I came because I thought I could be some help, since John nor Sherlock could be here," I give Lestrade a slight smile, "You're not paying me anyway."

I actually wans't sure why Lestrade let me help. They don't just let friends interfere with a crime scene, and I can't help Scotlands Yard like Sherlock or John can. So why did Lestrade let me help? I must be doing something right.

We go inside the house soon after. Police officers were talking to the child's parents while I listened. I thought maybe I should look around the place, but as I said, I wouldn't see anything important. Maybe Sherlock would, but I wouldn't.

Whilst listening to what the parents had to say, a loud song starts blaring off in my pocket as my phone started to viberate. I blush slightly as everyone turned to me, and I felt ashamed for interrupting them on such a serious manner. I excuse myself from everyone, before getting up and walking past the people who were setting up cameras for an interview and enter the kitchen.

"Hello?" I ask once I was sure no one else could hear me, so I didn't interupt them again.

"Holland, I was just reading through these files and-"

"I thought you were sleeping?" 

"I woke up twenty minutes ago," Sherlock answers, and I let out a quiet sigh, "Anyway, these files. Did you know that Daniel Peters, Kayla Jackson, Billy Crawford, victims two, three and five of the child abductor. They're the only ones whose bodies were found."