Chapter fifty three - Celebration.

Today was Sherlock's birthday.

I know he was stressing out about the situation we found ourselves in, but when are we not stressing about something? If it's not Moriarty then it's another case, if it's not another case then it's Sherlock's smoking and If it's not Sherlock's smoking then it's the severed head Sherlock stored in the fridge to keep 'fresh' for his next experiment. 

But we had put Sebastian Moron behind bars and I think that's a cause of celebration. What better day than to celebrate than Sherlock's birthday?

I woke up half an hour before Sherlock normally did, and went straight to the kitchen and prepared him a turkey salad sandwich. What? He doesn't even want me doing anything for him. He wants no presents, no cake, nothing. A sandwich is the only discreet thing I could think off.

I was sitting on his arm-chair when I start to hear Sherlock fumbling around in his bedroom, and I begin to hear the slight sounds of him cursing and kicking his bed sheets and-

BANG.

Suddenly I hear a loud thump. I furrow my brows in confusion for a moment as everything goes silent. I sit here and wait a few seconds, trying to piece together any sounds or responses from Sherlock of what the hell just happened.

"...Ow." I hear him say, and I couldn't help but to let out a obscure laugh. The loud bang noise was Sherlock falling off the bed.

He enters the room with his hair all ruffled and his dressing gown put on the inside out. I tried to conceal my laughter, putting a hand over my mouth to stop to giggles that were threatening to fall. He gives me a blank look, one that told me that he wasn't bothered about what he had just managed to do and that he wasn't impressed by my reaction. He turned on his heels and leisurely trailed into the kitchen. He came across the sandwich I made for him on a white plate on the kitchen table, with an already-made cup of tea with it. Sherlock stood there, his arms by his sides as he looked down at his sandwich. "Why did you leave this here?"

I managed to force the laughter beside before I stood up and headed towards him. I plastered a warm smile, "It's your birthday breakfast."

"A turkey salad sandwich?"

"Yep!" 

"A birthday turkey salad sandwich?"

"...Yeah?" I raise my eyebrow, why couldn't he just stop asking questions and just eat the damn sandwich?

"I told you not to do anything birthday related."

"Oh, come on." I said, letting out a quiet sigh, "It's just a sandwich."

Sherlock furrowed his brows at me, but then drawed a chair back and took a seat at the kitchen table. He looked down at his birthday breakfast, and decided to pick up his mug of tea, "I hope you haven't planned anything else." He muttered, taking a sip of the warm liquid.

"No, don't be silly." I chuckled, propping myself up on the kitchen table, "We're going out after for a meal, though."

Sherlock nearly choked on his drink.

"Holland!" Sherlock whined, wiping the tea that spilt down his chin off, "I told you to do nothing!"

"What?!" I asked innocently, "We're celebrating the fact that we caught Sebastian! Aren't we allowed to celebrate?"

"No."

"Sherlock."

"Since when have we celebrated catching someone?"

"Since that someone was Moriartys right hand-man. Now eat your sandwich."

Sherlock rolled his eyes, exhaling in annoyance as he looked at me, "I know this is because it's my birthday. You don't need to do anything, you know I don't like it." Sherlock started, picking up his sandwich and taking a bite. "So, Lestrade said anything?" Sherlock asked once he swallowed his first bite. I shook my head. I knew he had changed the topic, but I didn't feel like arguing back. I'd let him get away with this one.