Chapter thirteen - Amelia Joan Watson.

I shift uncomfortably. I never really liked sitting on public chairs, they're always unpleasant to sit on and after five minutes they leave my arse going numb.

Me and Sherlock were sitting in the waiting area in the hospital while John and Mary had time to see there new born daughter. She arrived about an hour ago. I had been resting my head against Sherlock's shoulder- nearly unconscious, but than a nurse appeared and told us their daughter was born. Now we're just waiting to see her.

We had both been equally quiet. Non of us have said anything other than the boring small talk that lasts for about a minute. I sigh, growing bored again, and lean my head against Sherlock's shoulder again.

"Sorry."

He doesn't answer straight away. His eyes were closed too, apparently he was having a power nap or something. "What for?"

"Leaning my head against your shoulder. Im not bothered if you find it annoying- I'm tired."

"It's alright." His voice was low and I could hear a slight mumble in his words as he was as tired as I was. I smile, and close my eyes for some rest. I fell asleep after that, and I wasn't sure how long I was out for but when I woke we could go and see John and Mary's child. Sherlock had nudged me awake, then I saw the nurse smiling at us and telling us to follow her.

When we went into Mary's room we saw Mary lying on a hospital bed, holding a small child in her arm's. My eyes lightened at the sight. John and Mary's eyes are red, indicating they had been crying. Mary had tear stains on her cheeks- I can only assume its tears of happiness. I glance at Sherlock to see him with a smile on his face. I smile too, and make my way around Mary's bed. I sit down, and Sherlock sits next to John on the other side.

Everyone is quiet while we observe the new human. She was so tiny- She had Johns nose and ears, and she had Mary's lips. She was adorable, I couldn't wait for what the future held for her. All I knew is that I wanted to be apart of it.

"What's her name?" I ask, breaking the long silence that fell.

"Amelia." Mary tells me, smiling sweetly at her daughter. She looks up to me, "Want to hold her?"

I nod straight away excitedly. She reaches over and puts Amelia in my arms. She makes cute baby noises, and I couldn't help but chuckle quietly. She was so small, so fragile. I was worried that I would drop her.

"Does she have a middle name?" Sherlock questions. We all look up to him, then I turn to John and Mary.

"Joan." John answers.

"Well then, Amelia Joan Watson," Sherlock begins, and looks at her as I held her in my arms, "Welcome to the world."