Chapter six - Questions.

I didn't stay with in the room with Joe's parents for long, just long enough to help explain that it would take awhile for Joe to get used to them again and that he's got to stay here for awhile for questioning. I was given another two boxs of files to go through, and was allowed home while I went through them. Officer Erin said he would give me a call if they found or heard anything of importance, so I decided to catch a taxi home knowing that the case was in good hands.

I paid the taxi driver the money for the ride before stepping out of the car and onto the cold, familiar street. The door of 221b opens and John steps out with a smile of his face.

"What's got you all happy?" I chuckled, reaching back inside of the taxi to pick up the box I had brought back from Scotland's Yard.

"It's just a good day," He comments, although I knew he was talking about Mary and the pregnancy, "I was just on my way to see you and Sherlock, then I saw you getting out the taxi. Need a hand?"

"Please." I smile, passing him one of the boxes. He takes them and I grab the other box before thanking the driver and shutting the car door. John walked up to the front door and opened it, letting me step in first before coming in himself and closing the door behind him.

"Thanks for helping, the boxes were quite heavy and I probably would've dropped them all by now. You would've saw me chasing after the sheets of paper like a loon as the wind blew them around the street." I said as I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"Not a problem." I replied, letting a chuckle escape his lips. I then began to walk up the stares, him following behind as I entered mine and Sherlock's flat, putting the boxes on the dining table. Sherlock was sat at the other table on his laptop, looking at us questioningly.

"Are those boxes for your case?"

"Yes."

"How's your case going?" John asks, sitting down on his previous arm chair. I paused for a moment, thinking whether or not I should tell John that Sherlock helped me out- but I wasn't sure if he would get annoyed at the fact Sherlock was helping me on a case instead of figuring this whole Moriarty thing out. And plus, I was enjoying taking the credit. I just gave him a warm smile instead. 

"Better than I thought it would be."

"How's, uh, the Moriarty case going?" John looks at Sherlock. His eyes doesn't leave his laptop.

"Fine."

"Want any help?"

"Actually yes," Sherlock immediately closes his laptop lid and stands up, fastening the buttons on his blazer with one hand, "Apparently Moriarty has been sighted, we could go speak to the woman that witnessed him."

"Jesus, he's been sighted?" John asks rhetorically, shaking his head in disbelief while Sherlock walks up to the coat rack, "Okay. Now?"

Sherlock puts his coat on, sticking his coat collars up in the progress, "Yes."

I frown slightly in jealously of them going out on a case like we all used to do before. I wish I could join them, but instead I open up a box and start looking through the files, knowing I need to read every word and study every imagine to make sure I don't miss any vital information. 

"How did the talk with Joe go?"

I snap my head around towards Sherlock at the sound of his voice. I shrugged effortlessly. "My conversation with Joe was quite short, but far from a total waste."

"What do you mean?"

"Joe said the child abductor comes home every morning with things like doughnuts and takeaways. That means he works nights. It doesn't sound like much, I know, but it's more than we previously knew about him."